Mini Yang, Mi Mi, Little Fox Mi
Xuanwu District, Beijing, China
Mi studied at the Beijing Xuanwu Experimental Primary School which is now defunct. She later attended the Beijing Film Academy’s Performance Institute.
- Father – Yang Xiaolin
- Mother – Yang Chunling
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Lau Dan (Father-in-law) (Hong Kong Actor), Lee Fuk-ying (Mother-in-law)
Yang was previously represented by the Kowloon based Mei Ah Entertainment Group Ltd.
She, in 2015, started getting represented by her own talent agency, Jay Walk Studio.
- Mei Ah Entertainment (2010-2012)
- H&R Century (2013-2014)
- Jay Walk Studio
5 ft 6 in 167.5 cm
46 kg or 101.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Yang Mi has dated –
- Hawick Lau (2012-Present) – The relationship between Yang Mi and Hong Kong actor-singer Hawick Lau came in the spotlight when Mi announced the same on Weibo in early 2012. They have shared screen space in projects like Ru Yi, Holding Love, and A Clear Midsummer Night. The couple got engaged on November 11, 2013, and tied the knot in Bali, Indonesia on January 8, 2014. Their wedding was attended by Yang’s close friend and co-star from the 2009 TV series Chinese Paladin 3, Tiffany Tang. The couple welcomed their first child, daughter Noemie Lau (nicknamed Little Sticky Rice) by cesarean section on June 1, 2014, at the Hong Kong Adventist Hospital. Hawick was accused of cheating on his wife with co-star Angel Wang (aka Wang Ou) in November 2016. The cheating scandal was eventually resolved wherein Hawick was proved innocent and it all turned out to be a foul play by Chinese paparazzo Zhuo Wei. In early 2017, the couple were again hit with rumors of a relationship crisis and the fact that they neither confirmed nor denied these claims, added fuel to the fire.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Han ethnicity.
Cute diamond-shaped face
Yang has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Michael Kors (2017)
Best Known For
Playing the leading role in several of the popular television series like Chinese Paladin 3 (2009) and Swords of Legends (2014) and films like The Witness (2015) and Reset (2017).
She released her debut album titled Close To Me in 2012.
She made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in 1992 as Beggar So’s daughter in the Stephen Chow starrer King of Beggars. She was 6 years old at the time.
First TV Show
Mi made her television acting debut in 1993 as the young princess Xianning in Chen Jialin’s historical drama series Tang Ming Huang. She was 7 years old at the time.
As an adult, her first TV show appearance came in the 2004 television series The Story of a Noble Family.
Yang Mi’s workout routine and diet plans are unknown.
Yang Mi Favorite Things
- Social Media Channel – Sina Weibo
- Thing to Post – Selfies
Source – Jing Daily, W Magazine
Yang Mi Facts
- Mi established her own talent agency Jay Walk Studio in 2014 in collaboration with H&R Century Pictures.
- Her own talent agency’s clientele includes names like Dilraba Dilmurat, Zhang Yunlong, Vengo Gao, Li Xirui, Liu Ruilin, and Vin Zhang who was her co-star in the television series V Love, The Interpreter, Swords of Legends, and Eternal Love.
- The fantasy-romance drama series Eternal Love in 2017 saw her play three characters Bai Qian, Su Su, and Si Yin in different timelines. The series was adapted from TangQi GongZi’s novel “Three Lives Three Worlds, Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms”. It was well-received in China and overseas and Yang was praised for her performance on the show.
- 2017 also saw her working in Jackie Chan’s production Reset in which she played Xia Tian. Her stellar performance in the movie won her the “Best Actress Award” at the 50th WorldFest-Houston International Film Festival.
- Her achievements in 2017 helped her reach the 3rd spot on the Forbes China Celebrity List, which was her highest ranking yet. She was previously ranked at the 6th position in 2014.
- In 2010, Yang starred in a minor role in Li Shaohong’s television series The Dream of Red Mansions. She managed to create a lasting impression even with her limited screen time.
- In 2011, she was awarded the Most Popular Actress Award at the 17th Shanghai Television Festival.
- Yang won the Best Theme Song Award (OST) at the 6th Huading Awards for singing the theme song of the series Palace titled “In Support of the Love” in 2011.
- She was voted as the Most Disappointing Actress at the Golden Broom Awards for her work in Wu Dang (2012).
- Yang produced her first television series V Love and received the Most Capable Producer Award at the 2013 Asian Idol Awards.
- Yang won the Most Popular All-Rounded Artist award at the 4th China TV Drama Awards in 2012.
- She made her first appearance at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala (Met Gala) in 2017. She was dressed in a Michael Kors ensemble for the Rei Kawakubo: The Art of the In-Between exhibition.
- Her hobbies include drawing and writing song lyrics.
- She is fluent in Mandarin and Cantonese languages.
- Yang was chosen as one of the New Four Dan Actresses by the Southern Metropolis Daily in 2009 and 2013.
- She owns a pet cat named Cang.
- She can also play the Gu Zheng, a Chinese string instrument, in the limited capacity.
- Follow her on Instagram.
Featured Image by Yang Mi / Instagram