|Zhong Shanshan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Year of Birth||December 1954|
Zhong Shanshan is a Chinese businessman who made headlines after he became the 6th richest person in the world. He is the founder and chairperson of the Nongfu Spring beverage company and a majority owner of Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise.
钟睒睒 (In English Zhong Shanshan)
Zhong, Lone Wolf
He was born in December 1954.
Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
Zhong studied Chinese at the Zhejiang Radio & TV University.
- Siblings – Zhong Xuanxuan (Sister), Zhong Xiaoxiao (Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Zhong has dated –
- Lu Xiaoping – The couple has 3 children.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Chinese descent.
- Snub nose
- He wears a pair of oval spectacles.
Zhong Shanshan Facts
- Shanshan decided to quit schooling in elementary at the time of the Cultural Revolution. Soon after that, he found a construction job.
- Prior to having entered the business trade, Zhong had worked as a journalist until the year 1988. After that, Shanshan relocated to the island of Hainan where he sold mushrooms, prawns, and turtles. Later, he went on to join the Hangzhou Wahaha Group Co., Ltd. as a sales agent for healthcare supplements.
- On September 26, 1996, Zhong created the bottled water company Nongfu Spring. However, the company launched its first bottled water product in 1997, which was extracted from the Zhejiang Thousand-Island Lake. Later, in 1999, Zhong’s company decided to stop removing natural minerals from the water in order to preserve its authenticity. Despite the health-related backlash that Nongfu Spring received, its sales also skyrocketed, eventually surpassing brands such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
- In September 2020, Zhong’s wealth increased from $18.9 billion to $50 billion after he had opened his company to a stock market launch making him one of the wealthiest people in the world.
- The Chinese media knows him as the “lone wolf”.