Alexander Mark David Oxlade-Chamberlain
Alex, The Ox
Portsmouth, England, United Kingdom
Alex went to independent St John’s College in Southsea, Portsmouth.
He got his soccer education at the famous Southampton Youth Academy, which he had joined at the age of 7.
Professional soccer player
- Father – Mark Chamberlain (Former Stoke City and England International Player)
- Mother – Wendy Oxlade
- Siblings – Christian Chamberlain (Brother) (Football Player)
- Others – Neville Chamberlain (Uncle) (Professional Footballer)
He is presented by –
- DF Sport Management
- Colossal Sports Management
Winger / Central Midfielder
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has dated –
- Perrie Edwards (2016-Present) – Alex was first linked with singer Perrie Edwards in November 2016 after she was spotted supporting her new boyfriend at the Emirates Stadium in London during Arsenal’s English Premier League fixture. Subsequently, Alex was spotted in the crowd during Little Mix’s performance at The X Factor final. The public confirmation came in the form of a picture of the new couple kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Freckles on the face
His body specifications may be –
- Chest – 42 in or 107 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Like every other top soccer star, he has an endorsement deal with sportswear giant, Nike.
In addition, he has appeared in several commercials for his club, Arsenal FC.
His religious views aren’t known.
Best Known For
Playing as a winger and midfielder for Arsenal and England national teams.
First Soccer Match
On March 2, 2010, he made his professional debut for Southampton FC at 16 years 199 days. He came in as a second-half substitute in a match against Huddersfield Town.
Alex made his Arsenal debut in a damning 8-2 away loss against Manchester United on August 28, 2011. He was sent in for Francis Coquelin at 62nd minute.
On May 26, 2012, Alex turned out for the first time for his national team against Norway in a 1-0 friendly win.
- Dribbling ability
- Surging runs through middle
- Physical presence
- Defensive contribution
- Tactical discipline
Alex is yet to make debut in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
Apart from sports matches itself, Alex guest appeared in the sports comedy show Play to the Whistle as himself.
While growing up, Chamberlain used to work on building power and strength in his lower body, which has helped him get his famous explosive acceleration. In his game, he also needs endurance along with explosive strength. For this purpose, he does a lot of fartlek running, which involves running hard for 1 minute followed by jogging for 30 seconds.
When it comes to gym sessions, he isn’t a big fan of lifting weights. Instead of strength training, he focuses on core work and doing exercises that help him to prevent injuries. He focuses on strengthening the stabilizing muscles which are key to injury prevention.
He has also changed his diet pattern to give his best on the field. He has stopped eating rice and pasta in the evenings and keeps his carbs consumption to the morning and a little bit after the training sessions. In the evening, he focusses on eating lean meat and vegetables.
Alex Chamberlain Favorite Things
- Soccer Icons – Thierry Henry, Gianfranco Zola
- Live Music Shows – Drake’s concerts
- Non-Soccer Athlete – Usain Bolt
- Travel Destination – Las Vegas
- Guilty Pleasure – Listening to Justin Bieber and One Direction
- TV Show – Sons of Anarchy (2008-2014)
- Film – Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Dream Job – Singer or rapper
- His best goal – The one scored against Brazil in an international friendly at Macarena.
Alex Chamberlain Facts
- For his tremendous performance in Southampton’s premier league promotion season, he was included in the PFA League One Team of the Year.
- In August 2011, he signed up with Arsenal FC from Southampton in an initial £12 million deal which would rise to £15 million in additional clauses.
- In February 2016, he suffered a serious knee injury in a match against Barcelona in Champions League. He couldn’t play for the rest of the season and also missed out on Euro 2016 tournament.
- After Wayne Rooney, he was the second nineteen-year-old player to represent England national team at the UEFA Euro competition.
- After his debut season in the premier league, he was one of the nominees for the PFA Young Player of the Year award. He was the youngest player on the list.
- He played rugby in senior school as there was no option to play football. He had to choose from either rugby or cricket.
- He is an ambassador of Heart4MoreFoundation.
- Follow Alex on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.