Andrew James Clutterbuck
Andrew Lincoln studied at Beechen Cliff School in Bath. After getting interested in the acting, he spent one summer studying drama at the National Youth Theatre in London.
After completion of his school education, he joined the famous Royal Academy of Dramatic Art to hone his acting skills.
- Father – was a Civil engineer
- Mother – was a Nurse
- Siblings – Richard Clutterbuck (Older Brother) (Teacher)
Markham, Froggatt & Irwin Group
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Lincoln has dated –
- Tara Fitzgerald (1997-1998) – Andrew Lincoln started dating actress Tara Fitzgerald in 1997 after having grown close while working together on the sets of The Woman in White series. Tara, at that time, was nursing a heartbreak after splitting from Dorian Healy, her boyfriend of five years. They had a very passionate affair for under a year before going separate ways in 1998. Tara was very besotted with him, however, Lincoln wasn’t as keen which ultimately led to their split.
- Gael Anderson (2006-Present) – Andrew first met his wife Gael Anderson on the sets of TV show, Teachers. Andrew was working as a director for two of the episodes and Anderson was assigned as his personal assistant. Andrew fell in love with her by just looking at her silhouette. After dating for some time, they got married in June 2006. The wedding was attended by Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. They have two children – a daughter Matilda and a son Arthur.
Race / Ethnicity
Andrew is of English descent on his father’s side while he has South African ancestry on mother’s side.
- Curly hair
His body measurements may be –
- Chest – 41 in or 104 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 33 in or 84 cm
Andrew Lincoln has done voiceover work for a number of Adidas commercials and has assumed the role of narrator in various AOL TV adverts.
Best Known For
Playing a lead role as Rick Grimes in AMC horror drama series The Walking Dead.
Andrew made his first film appearance in 1995 in a drama film Boston Kickout as Ted.
First TV Show
In 1994, Andrew guest appeared in the Channel 4 sitcom Drop the Dead Donkey as Terry.
Lincoln attributes his lean body to his love for running. He used to enjoy five mile long runs in his hometown Georgia.
He hired a personal trainer for the first time in his life to prepare for his role in the zombie action series, The Walking Dead. The trainer advised him to cut his long distance running habits and instead add free weight exercises to be done in rapid sets with very less rest period. He was also asked to cut out carbs and sugar from his diet.
Andrew Lincoln Favorite Things
- Song – Just a little lovin’ (By Shelby Lynne)
Source – Women’s Health Mag
Andrew Lincoln Facts
- While growing up, Andrew Lincoln excelled in rugby and cricket and played on his secondary school’s rugby team before quitting it to pursue acting.
- He decided to ditch his born name in favor of Andrew Lincoln on the advice of his first agent, who felt that his born name was similar to hobbit names.
- To get his accent spot on, The Walking Dead director asked him to speak in an American accent at all times, even if they weren’t shooting.
- At the age of 14 during his schooldays, he got into acting in a hope to attract more attention from girls. His first role was in the school production of Olivier.
- He couldn’t sleep in the night after one scene in the season 2 of The Walking Dead, in which he chopped off another actor’s fake leg. The blood and screams in the scene were traumatic for him.
- Andrew is an accomplished cook and often invites his The Walking Dead co-stars home for a dinner. His spaghetti Bolognese is quite popular amongst his co-stars.
- His Walking Dead co-star Jon Bernthal is one of his closest friends. They first met while working together in a pilot shoot during the audition process.
- To do research and to prepare for his role in the 2001 film Teachers, Andrew accompanied his older brother to his school for few weeks.
- In 2001, he spent a month in Ghana while doing volunteer work with Voluntary Services Overseas to get an idea about the working of charity foundations.
- Andrew Lincoln is not on social media.