Catherine Élise Blanchett
Cate attended Ivanhoe East Primary School in Melbourne. She completed secondary education from Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar School and subsequently took admission into Methodist Ladies’ College in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Finally, Blanchett studied fine arts and economics at University of Melbourne.
- Father – Robert DeWitt Blanchett, Jr (Was United States Navy petty officer and after retiring worked as advertising executive) (Died in 1979)
- Mother – June (née Gamble) (Previously worked as a teacher and Australian property developer)
- Siblings – Genevieve Blanchett (Younger Sister) (Theatrical designer), Bob Blanchett (Older Brother) (Computer Systems Engineer)
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
59 kg or 130 pounds
Cate Blanchett met Australian playwright Andrew Upton in 1996 when they were working on the play The Seagull. After dating for couple of months (though they were introduced to each other in 1996, but they didn’t start dating at that time. They disliked each other in their first meeting.), the duo got married on December 29, 1997. They have three children together – all sons, namely, Dashiell John (born – December 3, 2001), Roman Robert (born – April 23, 2004), and Ignatius Martin (born – April 13, 2008).
Race / Ethnicity
Cate is of English descent, with a distant French and Scottish ancestry.
Highly defined cheekbones
34-24-35 in or 87-61-89 cm
2 (US) or 32 (EU)
She is the face of Procter & Gamble’s SK-II.
She is also the ambassador for Australian Conservation Foundation.
Best Known For
Playing Queen Elizabeth I in the 1998 film Elizabeth, as Katharine Hepburn in the 2004 film The Aviator, as Sheba Hart in the 2006 film Notes on a Scandal, as Jude Quinn (Bob Dylan) in the 2007 film I’m Not There, as Jeanette ‘Jasmine’ Francis in the 2013 film Blue Jasmine.
Cate starred in her debut movie Police Rescue: The Movie for her role as Vivian released in 1994. The 94 minute long movie did the business of Australian $658,814.
She starts her day with hot water and lemon juice in the morning. Cate tries to stay away from additives and wheat, just to remain in best shape. The actress does not follow any strict diet plan, she maintains her figure by eating healthy food.
She once followed lymphatic cleanse diet to return into shape rapidly.
Cate Blanchett Favorite Things
- Mascara – SK-II’s or Tom Ford’s mascara
- Skin Care Products – Sensai (By Sisley), SK-II eye cream,
- Makeup Artist – Mary Greenwell
- Novelist – Peter Carey
- Actress – Mia Wasikowska
Source – Harper’s Bazaar, Oprah, Vogue
Cate Blanchett Facts
- When Cate was 10, her father died due to heart failure.
- During her childhood, she was kind of “part extrovert, part wallflower”.
- Methodist Ladies’ College is the place, where she developed her passion for acting.
- As of 2014, she received six Oscar nominations, out of which four were to play real people. But, she was able to win only 1 Oscar award for the 2004 film The Aviator in which she played Katharine Hepburn.
- On March 30, 2012, she was appointed as Chevalier the Order of Arts and Letters by French government to recognize her contribution in the field of arts.
- She has also done theater work and appeared in dozens of plays.
- Initially, Cate was considered for the voice role of Mrs. Fox in the 2009 animated adventure comedy movie Fantastic Mr. Fox, but the later the role was offered to Meryl Streep.
- She gave birth to her third child at the age of 38.
- Blanchett was presented with the role of Daisy Fuller in the 2008 film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button after English actress Rachel Weisz backed out as she had scheduling problems.
- She is good friends with fellow Australian actress Nicole Kidman.
- She is not present on social media.