Malin Maria Akerman
Malin Akerman is currently 36 according to her birth date May 12, 1978
Malin Akerman attended Sir Winston Churchill Secondary School, St. Catharines, Ontario. After that, she went North Toronto Collegiate Institute. She studies Child Psychology in York University, Toronto for 1 year and then dropped out to pursue her career in modeling.
Model, Actress and Singer
5 ft 7½ in or 171 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Malin Akerman dated –
- Roberto Zincone (2003-2013) – Malin Akerman dated Italian musician Roberto Zincone. They both met in 2003 when Malin was the lead vocalist for the band Petalstones, for which Roberto served as the drummer. They used to spend time together and eventually started dating. Malin married her boyfriend Roberto Zincone at Grand Hotel Moon Valley in Sorrento, Italy on June 20, 2007. Malin gave birth to their first child, Sebastian Zincone on April 16, 2013. After 7 months, on November 25, 2013, the couple announced their separation. On December 2, 2013, Roberto filed for their divorce.
- Colin Egglesfield (2014-Present) – Since March 2014, Malin is dating American actor, Colin Egglesfield.
34-26-35 in or 86-66-89 cm
Malin Akerman did many prestigious ad campaigns for Ford Supermodel Canada. She also signed contract with Noxzema.
Best Known For
Her roles in movies like The Heartbreak Kid (2007) and 27 Dresses (2008).
Malin didn’t release any album. She served as the lead vocalist of the rock band “The Petalstones”. The drummer of this band Roberto Zincone is the one whom she married in 2007.
2000 American psychological thriller film The Skulls. Malin was just a “Coed in Caleb’s Apartment” in this movie.
She got lead roles in the film The Heartbreak Kid (2007). It was a romantic comedy film in which she appeared as Lila.
First TV Show
Canadian Science fiction TV series Earth: Final Conflict. She appeared in 1997 in a single episode “The Truth” as Avatar.
Logan Hood served as the trainer for beautiful Malin Akerman. Logan was a former Navy SEAL. See what kind of workout, he made for Malin. Logan said
- Do the workout in threes – Weights, intensity and volume are the 3 parameters for any kind of workout. So, pay stress on these things one by one. For instance, you can increase the weights and lower the number of reps. Another can be, to lower the weights but increase the number of sets.
- Do pullups regularly – Don’t give up while doing pull ups as these strengthens the biceps, lats, middle back and shoulders.
- Rowing a boat – If possible, spend around 10 minutes before starting your regular training session. This is better than treadmills and stationary bicycle as rowing targets your upper body, core unlike treadmill which engages only your legs. So, your blood flow will improve and you will feel more flexible.
- Circuit Training – Do a circuit training which can include cardio and strength training. This should include exercises like push-ups, rope skipping. Do it for a minute. Then, switch to a set of squats and rope skipping again. Do, alternately cardio and strength training.
- Minimize Refined Carbohydrates – Eat refined carbs, chocolate, cookies, ice-creams, and anything with sugar and corn-syrup. This is because when you eat refined carbs, it starts to spike blood sugars, which produces excess insulin and these stores excess fat.
- Eat 5 times a day – Eat 5 times a day – 3 meals and 2 snacks. Snacks can be eaten between lunch and dinner and other one between breakfast and lunch. This will surely stabilize blood sugars and avoid hunger pangs.
- Balanced Diet – Eat a balanced diet. Eat a balance of protein, complex carbohydrates and fat in every meal. The main benefit of taking high protein is that it contains amino acids which helps muscles to recover fast after workouts.
- Limit your liquids – Drink water, if you are thirsty. Drink black coffee, if you need stimulation. Drink Vodka Martini or similar simple drink, if you want to take the edge off. This will help you to avoid mojitos.
Malin Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Dark Chocolate
- Favorite Movies – Annie Hall (1977), No Country for Old Men (2007), Pan’s Labyrinth (2006), Dirty Dancing (1987), Betty Blue (1986)
- Favorite Books – Veronika Decides to Die (Paulo Coelho), The White Masai (Corinne Hofmann), Don’t Sleep with Your Drummer (Jen Sincero)
- Favorite Beach – Falsterbo Beach, Sweden
- Malin is the daughter of a model (mother) and an insurance broker (father).
- Malin moved to Canada at the age of 2.
- She was studying psychology when she returned back to modeling.
- Malin Akerman is noted for appearing in nude scenes. She says that she feels comfortable in such scenes if these are not gratuitous.
- She has a lotus flower tattoo on her upper back.
- She was voted no.9 in the Maxim’s Hot 100 list of Women in 2012.
- Visit her official website here.
- Malin appeared topless on the cover of Maxim’s April 2009 issue.
- She can speak fluent Swedish language.
- Kristen Bell is Malin Akerman’s good friend.
- Malin was discovered at the age of 16 by Ford Models at shopping mall at St. Catharines.