Margaret Mary Emily Anne Hyra
Fairfield, Connecticut, U.S.
New York City, New York, U.S.
Meg Ryan had attended St. Pius X Elementary School in Fairfield. It is the same school where her mother was one of the teaching staffs for sixth grade.
The actress graduated in 1979 from Bethel High School and pursued journalism as an undergraduate. She had been to both University of Connecticut and New York University to complete her education. However, she dropped out of college, a semester before graduation to follow an acting career.
- Father – Harry Hyra (Maths Teacher)
- Mother – Susan Jordan (née Duggan) (Former actress and English teacher)
- Siblings – Andrew Hyra (Brother) (Musician), Annie Hyra (Sister), Dana Hyra (Sister)
Meg Ryan is currently attached to ICM Partners (Talent and Literary Agency), USA.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
126 lbs or 57 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Meg Ryan is romantically linked with –
- Anthony Edwards (1986-1987) – The actor and director, Anthony Edwards met Ryan during the shooting of ‘Top Gun.’ He had proposed to the actress after dating each other for some time. The couple had also moved in together, however, the relationship did not work out.
- Dennis Quaid (1988-2001) – The actor Dennis Quaid and Ryan started dating in 1988 and moved in together after sometime. They got married on February 14, 1991. The couple has a son named, Jack Quaid (b. April 24, 1992). The couple separated in the year 2000, and officially divorced on July 16, 2001.
- Russell Crowe (2000) – The New Zealander actor and musician Russell Crowe was RUMORed to be in a relationship with Meg Ryan during the shooting of ‘Proof of Life’ in 2000.
- John Mellencamp (2010-Present) – The rock singer-songwriter, musician, painter and occasional actor, John Mellencamp is in a relationship with the actress since 2010. He announced his divorce from his wife Elaine due to this relationship. However, the couple once separated in August 2014, but reunited in September 2014 (the very next month), according to sources.
Race / Ethnicity
Meg Ryan is known to have Polish, Irish, and German ancestry.
- Blonde hair
- Blue eyes
- Sparkling personality
- Bold walking style
35-25-35 in or 89-63.5-89 cm
6 (US) or 8 (UK)
11 (US) or 9 (UK)
Meg Ryan has endorsed many brands in the past and has appeared in various TV commercials and print ads for Japanese, Spanish and American audience. She has also appeared in several national commercials for Barbie and other products as a teenager.
The actress has appeared in TV commercials for GDI Dingo cars, Mitsubishi Dingo, Pure Skin Beauté Crème and Nescafé for Japanese audience.
She has filmed a TV commercial for Freixenet in Spain in 1997.
AIM toothpaste, Tickle Antiperspirant and Burger King fast food chain are other commercials in which the actress can be seen. She has also appeared in a print ad for Ebel.
Meg Ryan was raised a Catholic, but she does not speak about her faith in public.
It is reported that the actress is impressed by the Buddhist religion. She has been influenced by the spirituality that the religion preaches.
Best Known For
Meg Ryan is best known for her role as Sally Albright in the 1989 release When Harry met Sally...
She has also been the leading female character in the 1990s romantic hits like Sleepless in Seattle (1993), You’ve Got Mail (1998), French Kiss (1995) and Kate & Leopold (2001).
Meg Ryan was featured at the age of 18 in the 1981 drama film Rich and Famous as Debby Blake.
First TV Show
In 1982, Meg Ryan appeared as Betsy Stewart Montgomery Andropoulos in the CBS’s soap opera As the World Turns. This series aired for 54 years until 2010.
She has also been featured as Jane in the NBC’s sitcom One of the Boys in 1982.
The trainer is known to blend Eastern and Western philosophies to impart good health and better posture. His training includes Yoga, martial arts, strength training, and core training. Meg Ryan is also reported to endorse healthy eating habits in order to stay in shape.
Meg Ryan Favorite Things
- Genre – Romantic Comedy
Source – IMDb
Meg Ryan Facts
- Meg Ryan registered herself with the Screen Actors Guild during her graduation year. She changed her name to ‘Meg Ryan,’ ‘Ryan’ being her grandmother’s maiden name.
- She was popular in middle school and high school. Meg was voted the ‘cutest’ girl in school. She was also chosen as the homecoming queen during her senior year in high school.
- The actress publicly supports the environmental protection programs and causes. This is one of the reasons that she extended her support for the Democratic Party.
- The actress was ranked #57 in the ‘100 Most Powerful People in Hollywood’ list by Premiere (USA) magazine in June 1999.
- In April 1998, People Magazine mentioned her as the ‘Most Favorite Female Movie Star.’ The results were decided by their readers and online users.
- She has been dedicated a full song ‘All Around Me’ by the band Savage Garden. The band’s composer Daniel Jones had a crush on her and hence, the song was written about her.
- The actress has a son and a daughter, whom she adopted from China in January 2006. Her daughter’s name is Daisy True.
- An asteroid is named after the actress and is christened as 8353 Megryan.
- The actress started a production company named, Prufrock Pictures in 1994. However, it was closed down in 2000.