Paul Van Haver
Stromae, Opmaestro (Previous stage name)
Etterbeek, Brussels, Belgium
He attended a Catholic school but got failed at 16. Academically, he struggled to score good.
At 11, he started studying music.
Stromae went to the Institut national de radioélectricité et cinématographie.
Singer, songwriter, rapper, musician
- Father – Pierre Rutare (Architect) (Died in 1994 Rwandan Genocide)
- Mother – Miranda Marie Van Haver
- Siblings – He has 4 siblings – 3 brothers and 1 sister.
Hip hop, house, electronic
Musical keyboard, synthesizer, drums
Vertigo Records, Mercury Records, Universal Music Group, Republic Records
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
78 kg or 172 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Stromae dated –
- Tatiana Silva (2011-2012) – In 2011, Stromae commenced dating former Miss Belgium Tatiana Silva. They were an item until September 2012.
- Coralie Barbier (2015-Present) – Stromae started dating his stylist Coralie Barbier in April 2015. They took their romance to a next level by getting married on December 12, 2015. The rituals were carried out by Catholic Priest Guy Gilbert.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Rwandan (Tutsi people) ancestry on his dad’s side and Belgian (Flemish people) on his mom’s side.
- Towering height
- Looks due to mixed ethnicity
- Unique Fashion Style
- Lean physique
Stromae’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 37 in or 94 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 12 in or 30.5
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
Stromae has not endorsed any of the brands.
Best Known For
His debut and hit single “Alors on danse” released in 2009.
Stromae released his debut album Cheese in June 2010. It charted at #1 in Belgium and was certified as 3× Platinum.
The rapper has never appeared in a theatrical film.
First TV Show
In 2010, he performed on the music TV show The Dome in 2 episodes.
Seeing at his lean physique, it seem improbable that he exercises and takes care of his diet.
Stromae Favorite Things
- Music Artist – Cesaria Evora, Notorious BIG
Source – Elle
- Stromae is the founder of fashion label “Mosaert”.
- While young, he was encouraged by his mom to play an instrument and a sport.
- Stromae’s music influences include Cuban son, Congolese rumba, and Jacques Brel.
- He has been fully raised in Belgium but considers himself more as a Rwandan person.
- While growing up, he studied percussion.
- His stage name “Stromae” is an anagram of “Maestro”.
- He co-founded the rap group Suspicion with rapper J.E.D.I. at 18.
- To support himself financially, he has worked in the hospitality industry before becoming famous.
- He checks his emails the first thing in the morning and the last thing before sleeping.
- In 2008, he worked as a trainee at music radio station NRJ in Brussels.
- Visit his official website @ www.mosaert.com. Mosaert (anagram of his own stage name) works in the clothing, music, and audio-visual sector.
- Hear more from Stromae on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube VEVO, Google+, Google Play, and iTunes.