Euphemia L. Sumpter
Queens, New York, United States
Tika graduated from Longwood Senior High School in Middle Island, New York. She, subsequently, attended Marymount Manhattan College in Manhattan, New York City to major in communications.
Model, actress, singer
- Father – Arthur Curtis Sumpter, Sr.
- Mother – Janice Acquista
- Siblings – Unknown
She is signed to Brookside Artist Management.
Soul, R&B, disco
Atlantic, RCA Records
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Sumpter commenced dating Hosea Chanchez in May 2005. After, two years of dating, the duo separated in May 2007, but they reconciled couple of days later. On June 20, 2007, they engaged each other. On January 18, 2008, Sumpter found that she was pregnant. In coming months, i.e. in May 2008, they again split. The reason being, Hosea married another lady. She gave birth to the couple’s first child on August 26, 2008. They again became an item in February 2009. They engaged again on May 1, 2009. The couple finally married on September 25, 2009. On April 4, 2011, Tika gave birth to another child, a girl. On June 5, 2011, they split for the final time and filed for divorce, which was finalised on March 26, 2012.
Race / Ethnicity
34-24-34 in or 87-61-87 cm
4 (US) or 34 (EU)
Her shoe size is not known.
As a model, she has appeared in commercials about Hewlett-Packard and Liz Claiborne’s Curve fragrances.
Her religious beliefs are not known.
Best Known For
Playing Layla Williamson on ABC’s soap opera One Life to Live from 2005 to 2011. She appeared in a total of 234 episodes in this time. In 2008, she also got nominated for “NAACP Image Award for Outstanding Actress in a Daytime Drama Series”.
Her co-contributed in songs like “Hooked on Your Love”, “Jump”, and “Something He Can Feel”.
She debuted her on-screen performance with 2009 crime film Brooklyn’s Finest for her minor role as neighborhood girl. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
From 2004 to 2005, Tika co-hosted the N network’s show Best Friend’s Date.
She works with a personal trainer during Zumba classes to relieve stress for that day. She went to Pure Barre classes and declared it as the most hardest workout, she has ever done. After her third visit to these classes, she started feeling changes in her body.
She eats fruits, oatmeal, and almonds. Tika makes her own smoothies. She prefers smoothies over snacks. She cannot say “No” to red velvet cake, if she sees it. She eats it in moderation, once in a while.
Tika Sumpter Favorite Things
- Food – Red velvet cake
Source – US Magazine
Tika Sumpter Facts
- In olden days, her family struggled financially.
- She has been featured in the music video of Jason Derulo‘s It Girl as his own girlfriend.
- She played Raina Thorpe in the Gossip Girl in 2011 in 11 episodes.
- From 2011 to 2012, she was doing the comedy-drama TV series The Game in which she played the role as Jenna Rice. She appeared in total 10 episodes.
- She has done competitive cheerleading in the past.
- Tika is active in dancing since the age of nine. She has learnt tap, jazz, and ballet.
- Visit her official website @ tikasumpter.com.
- Connect with Tika on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.