|CL Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3¾ in|
|Date of Birth||February 26, 1991|
CL is a South Korean rapper, singer, and songwriter best known as a member of the girl group 2NE1, which went on to become one of the best-selling girl groups of all time. Other members of the girl group were Bom, Dara, and Minzy and 2NE1 released several albums, extended plays, and tracks such as I Love You, Come Back Home, Do You Love Me, To Anyone, Crush, 2NE1, Collection, Try to Follow Me, Hate You, Gotta Be You, Lonely, I Am the Best, and Clap Your Hands. Regarded as an influential figure in the international spread of the Korean wave, CL made her debut as a solo artist with the single The Baddest Female in May 2013. Moreover, she became one of the first female Korean soloists to attend the Met Gala in 2021.
CL, The Baddest Female, Faith Lee, CLroo, Baby Rin, Million Dollar Baby
Seoul, South Korea
Seoul, South Korea
CL completed her primary, middle and high school education by passing in the GED in just a year and a half. Due to her father’s profession, she had to move a lot and change countries. CL never learned Korean until she was in high school as she received education in foreign languages in France and Japan.
Singer, songwriter, rapper, dancer
- Father – Lee Ki-jin (Physics Professor)
- Mother – Hong Yoo-ra (or Hong Yu-ra)
- Siblings – Harin (Younger Sister)
She has been signed with YG Entertainment.
K-pop, hip-hop, pop, R&B, reggae fusion, trap
YG Entertainment, School Boy Records, SuneV
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $8 Million.
5 ft 3¾ in or 162 cm
49 kg or 108 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
CL has dated –
- Ash Stymest – It was RUMORed that she had an affair with English male model, actor, and musician Ash Stymest in the past.
Note – As a member of 2NE1, she was banned from dating boys. Park Bom, Minzy, and Sandara had also faced this ban. However, CL has revealed that she wants a manly, positive, and energetic guy who can respect her.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Korean descent.
Knows many languages like Japanese, English, French, and Korean.
35-24-33 in or 89-61-84 cm
6 (US) or 36 (EU)
It is speculated that CL wears a shoe of size 6 (US) or 230 mm (Korean).
The girl group 2NE1 has endorsed Shinsegae (the first departmental store in Korea), Chrome Hearts (Clothing and Jewelry), and Yamaha Fiore.
Best Known For
Being a leader, vocalist, and rapper of the South Korean girl group 2NE1 (pronounced as To Anyone or Twenty One). The band is noted for its mixed, diversified, and edgier music style. They sing and release songs of hip-hop, reggae, pop, and other styles
The girl group released their first album titled To Anyone on September 9, 2010, by YG Entertainment. This pop album is just more than 41 minutes long.
CL had a cameo appearance in the 2009 South Korean comedy film Girlfriends. Her role is uncredited.
First TV Show
CL had her debut television appearance on 2NE1 TV on Mnet in 2009.
She also had guest appearances or cameo roles in the TV shows like Running Man (in 2013 in episode number 156), Strong Heart (in 2012 in episode 123), Style (in 2009).
2NE1’s members are very caring towards their health and body. CL never forgets to meditate, when it comes to health. Meditation has become a part of her life. It makes her feel better and she is able to concentrate on her work better. CL always tries to spend 30 minutes daily in meditation, it doesn’t matter where she is. If CL is too busy she would meditate in her car also. She is able to spend the rest of the day more peacefully and meaningfully.
Master Hwang is the exclusive trainer for YG Entertainment.
- She had spent her early life in France and Japan. Hence, apart from Korean, she knows other languages as well such as French, English, and Japanese.
- Lee Chae-rin is a member of the girl group 2NE1. The other members of the band are Minzy, Park Bom, and Sandara Park.
- Her musical influences include Uhm Jung Hwa, Teddy Park, and Lauryn Hill. Madonna, Lady Gaga, and Beyonce Knowles are her other musical influences from American singers.
- She was once told by YG Entertainment to get plastic surgery before her actual debut. But, she refused to do so.
- CL had also been a trainee under JYP Entertainment in the past.
- She had traveled to France and Japan due to her father’s profession as a physics professor.
- CL is the second youngest member of the girl group 2NE1 after Minzy.
- 2NE1 came to America in August of 2012.
- Her dad was lenient but caring. As per kPopStarz, he never got mad at her, if she didn’t do her homework.
- The band 2NE1 was earlier named 21 (during the launch), but YG Entertainment found that 21 is the name of another singer. So, to avoid the conflicts, the band was renamed to what we all know today as 2NE1 with NE meaning New Evolution.
- She is credited as the “ultimate style queen” and Daisy Jones of Dazed magazine stated that “her fashion status extends far beyond an avalanche of labels and designer name-checks – like Rihanna, she’s an effortless risk-taker, with her eyes firmly facing the future.”
- She attended her first Met Gala event in 2021.