|Aaron Nola Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||June 4, 1993|
Aaron Nola is an American professional baseball pitcher who has played for the Philadelphia Phillies of Major League Baseball (MLB).
Aaron Michael Nola
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Aaron Nola studied at the Catholic High School in Louisiana. He then attended Louisiana State University (officially Louisiana State University and Agricultural and Mechanical College) and majored in Sports Management.
Professional Baseball Player
- Father – A.J. Nola
- Mother – Stacie Nola
- Siblings – Austin Nola (Older Brother) (Professional baseball catcher who has played for the San Diego Padres and Seattle Mariners of Major League Baseball (MLB))
- Others – Vincent John Nola (Paternal Grandfather), Sarah Amelia Modicut (Paternal Grandmother), Richard Leon Barrios, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather) (Served as sergeant at arms for the Louisiana House of Representatives), Patricia (Maternal Grandmother), Michelle (Sister-In-Law)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Hunter Jayde Harrington – He has been romantically involved with Hunter Jayde Harrington and it was announced in October 2023 that they were expecting a child together.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Hispanic)
Aaron Nola is of Italian/Sicilian descent on his father’s side and has French, Irish, and Spanish roots on his mother’s side.
Aaron has served as a Phillies ambassador for Garth Brooks‘ “Home Plate Project”.
Aaron Nola Facts
- He was 9 years old when he started playing baseball but he got truly interested in the game after watching his older brother Austin Nola play in tournaments.
- It was his father who served as his Little League Baseball coach until high school.
- Aaron Nola played for Catholic High School and his freshman season was interrupted by stress fractures in his back, which doctors attributed to a 6-inch summer growth spurt. In his senior year, he was named “Mr. Baseball” by the Louisiana Sports Writers Association for being the top player in the state.
- In the 2011 MLB Draft, both Aaron and his older brother were selected by the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball (MLB). However, he decided not to sign with the team and subsequently joined the Louisiana State University (LSU).
- During his time at LSU, he was roommates with professional baseball player Alex Bregman.
- In 2012, Aaron Nola finished his freshman season with a 7–4 record and a 3.61 earned run average (ERA) in 89+2⁄3 innings, as well as with seven walks and 89 strikeouts.
- He performed well in his second season with LSU and was named to the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA), Baseball America, and Collegiate Baseball All-American teams as well as was named the SEC Pitcher of the Year. He also became a finalist for the National Pitcher of the Year Award and received the 2012–13 Corbett Award (given to the best amateur athlete in the state of Louisiana).
- In 2014, he became a recipient of the SEC Player of the Year Award as well as won the 2014 National Pitcher of the Year award.
- In the 2014 MLB Draft, Aaron Nola was picked by the Philadelphia Phillies in the first round as the seventh overall. On June 10, 2014, he signed with the team for a $3.3 million signing bonus and was subsequently assigned to the Phillies‘ Class A-Advanced minor league affiliate, the Clearwater Threshers.
- Aaron Nola’s walk-up song is I am Second by the Christian rock band Newsboys.
- His uncle has suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Aaron and Austin hosted a “Strike Out ALS” charity event on his behalf in January 2020.
- Aaron partnered with Pennsylvania brewing company Yuengling during the COVID-19 pandemic and launched the initiative called “Cheers PA” which aimed at providing aid for restaurant and bar workers impacted by shutdowns.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0 DEED