|Adam Zampa Quick Info
|5 ft 8 in
|Date of Birth
|March 31, 1992
Adam Zampa is an Australian cricketer who is known for his leg-spin. He represents South Australia and the Melbourne Stars. He started his career as a medium-pacer and then moved onto leg-spin. Zampa started playing cricket in his youth and has played 2 youth test matches and 8 youth ODIs. After joining the national team, Zampa became a valuable player overnight and also started playing in the domestic leagues. He has played in the Caribbean Premier League for the Guyana Amazon Warriors and became their highest wicket-taker with 15 wickets at an average of 18.46. In the 2016-2017 season, seeing Adam’s form, he was considered to be one of the most dangerous and best T20 bowlers in the world.
Shellharbour, New South Wales, Australia
Residence6 Comments in moderation
New South Wales, Australia
- Father – Darren Zampa
- Mother – Alison Zampa
- Siblings – He has a sister.
88 – ODI, T20I
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zampa has dated –
- Hattie Palmer (2013-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
Adam has endorsed brands like the Vegan Bus.
Adam Zampa Favorite Things
- Batsman – Virat Kohli
Adam Zampa Facts
- He plays for South Australia in the domestic league.
- He has worked as a dolphin trainer at Sea World Entertainment in the past.
- His father played cricket for New South Wales.
- He loves dogs and has a dog named Zaidee.
- He is a star in the Big Bash League and has played for Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars.
- Adam was a medium pacer bowler before he started practicing spin.
- He is inspired by cricketer Shane Warne.
- Adam played for Australia U-19 World Cup in the year 2009.
- He made his first-class debut for New South Whales in the 2012-2013 season against Queensland.
- He made his ODI debut in 2016 against New Zealand.
- In 2013, he spent his winter training at the Centre of Excellence before joining the South Australian squad.
- He performed exceptionally well in the Matador BBQs One-Day Cup and also took a hat-trick during the 2014-15 season.
- The season 2015-16 is considered to be a breakthrough season for Zampa.
- He was named in the T20 XI of the year by Cricinfo in 2016.
- In the IPL, he has played for Rising Pune Supergiants.
- In 2019, he was named in Australia’s squad for the ICC World Cup.
- He made his T20I debut against South Africa in 2016.
- In December 2022, Adam Zampa was nominated for ICC men’s ODI Cricketer of the Year 2022 award.
- In October 2023, Adam suffered cuts on his face after he inadvertently collided with a pool wall during a routine swimming session.
Featured Image by Adam Zampa / Instagram