|Adan Canto Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1981|
Adan Canto is a Mexican-American actor, director, and producer who rose to fame after playing the role of Paul Torres in the crime thriller television series The Following (2013). Adan gained further popularity by starring in several other TV shows including Designated Survivor (2016-2019) and by getting featured in various movies like the film X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), in which he essayed the superhero Sunspot. He has also produced, directed as well as written a number of films such as Before Tomorrow (2014) and The Shot (2020), the latter having earned many festival awards for “Best Narrative Short Film” in 2020. Canto has accumulated more than 110k followers on Instagram.
Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, Mexico
He went to an American catholic school in Del Rio, Texas.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Jose-Luis Narvaez (Dentist)
- Mother – Marlyn Canto-Narvaez (Homemaker, Singer)
He has been represented by Management 360 and United Talent Agency.
His net worth was $4 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Stephanie Lindquist (2012-Present) – He met sculptor/painter Stephanie Lindquist in 2012 while shooting The Following in Brooklyn in NY. They got married in June 2017. The couple has a son together named Roman Alder Canto (b. April 13, 2020).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Mexican descent.
- Tall stature
- Sharp nose
- Mole on his left cheek
- Six pack abs
Adan Canto Favorite Things
- Dish – Cacio e pepe, that has also been one of his family favorites
- Beverage – Coffee, that he has regarded to be one of his best allies
- Pastime – Cycling, Yoga, Running, Swimming
Adan Canto Facts
- He was brought up in Mexico. He used to cross the border every day as a child to attend his school in Texas.
- Adan had grown up riding horses at his grandfather’s ranch in Acuña and his father was a traditional horseman there.
- Upon the encouragement of his mother, Canto had started performing on stage as a singer when he was 7 years old.
- Canto got introduced to Boleros and Mariachi music as a kid and went on to perform in and around his home state when he was a teenager, having left home at the age of 16 in order to pursue a career in music. He enjoyed success as a singer/songwriter in San Antonio after which he worked as a musician in Mexico City for 5 years, being the lead singer for the Jazz band Del Canto.
- He has disclosed that he had always considered becoming a musician and had stumbled into acting, even though he had always been interested in people and their motives. After becoming an actor, he has relished putting into practice everything he had read before about psychology and philosophy.
- Adan has affirmed that to prepare for his part in the sitcom Mixology (2014), he had to learn how to be a bartender. He had bought the whole set of cocktail-making paraphernalia and would make cocktails for his roommates every night.
- Adan has pointed out that he has not been a race runner, but has simply cherished running.
- He has found the food in the entire New York to be the best tasting ever.
Featured Image by Adan Canto / Instagram