|Adinath Kothare Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||May 13, 1984|
|Spouse||Urmilla Kanetkar Kothare|
Adinath Kothare is an Indian actor, film director, and producer who predominantly works in Marathi language films. He is best known for his acting in movies such as Majha Chakula (1994), Ved Lavi Jeeva (2010), Zapatlela 2 (2013), Ishq Wala Love (2014), Sata Lota Pan Sagla Khota (2015), Take Care Good Night (2018), Paani (2019), and Chandramukhi (2022). He also portrayed former Indian cricketer Dilip Vengsarkar in the 2021 Hindi-language biographical sports drama film titled 83 which captured the essence of India’s fairytale triumph at the 1983 ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket World Cup. Adinath had served as the producer of Zapatlela 2 (2013), the first-ever Marathi-language 3D film.
Adinath Mahesh Kothare
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Film Director, Producer
- Father – Mahesh Kothare (Actor, Film Director, Producer)
- Mother – Medha Kothare
- Others – Ambar Kothare (Paternal Grandfather) (Actor) (d. January 2023), Jenama Kothare (Paternal Grandmother), Shrikant Kanetkar (Father-in-Law), Neelima Kanetkar (Mother-in-Law)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
77 kg or 169.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adinath has dated –
- Urmilla Kanetkar Kothare (2011-Present) – Adinath married Indian actress Urmilla Kanetkar in 2011, having known each other since 2006. They have a daughter together named Jiza Kothare (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, side-parted hair
- Sports a mustache
- Affable smile
Adinath Kothare Facts
- Adinath made his debut in the film industry as a child actor in Majha Chakula, a 1994 Indian Marathi-language drama film that was directed by his father. For his performance, he won the ‘Best Child Actor’ award at the Maharashtra State Film Awards.
- After a hiatus of nearly a decade, he made a comeback serving as an assistant director for the films Chimnee Pakhara (2003), Pachadlela (2004), and Khabardar (2006). Around this time, Adinath also worked as a management trainee with PVR (an Indian multiplex chain that pioneered the multiplex revolution in the country) in film marketing.
- He finally made his acting comeback with the 2010 film titled Ved Lavi Jeeva which, just like his very first acting role, was directed by his father.
- In August 2019, Adinath won a National Film Award in the category of ‘Best Film on Environment Conservation/Preservation’ for Paani, a 2019 Indian Marathi-language drama film that was his directorial debut. The film depicted the journey of an ordinary man who strived to solve his village’s water scarcity issues while dealing with local goons and many other disruptions of daily life.
- Adinath also won the ‘Best Actor’ award for his role in this film at the New York Indian Film Festival, an annual film festival that takes place in New York City, and screens films relating to India, the Indian diaspora, and the work of Indian filmmakers.
- He owns a film production company named Kothare Vision Private Ltd. Through his firm, he has produced numerous Marathi-language TV series such as Man Udhan Varyache (2009-2011), Anolkhi Disha (2011), Jai Malhar (2014-2017), Ganpati Bappa Morya (2015-2017), 100 Days (2016-2017), Vithu Mauli (2017-2020), Ek Hoti Rajkanya (2019), Prem Poison Panga (2019-2020), Sukh Mhanje Nakki Kay Asta! (2020-Present), Dakkhancha Raja Jotiba (2020-2021), Pahile Na Mi Tula (2021), and Pinkicha Vijay Aso! (2022-Present). Adinath also played the lead role of PSI Ajay Thakur in 100 Days (2016-2017), a crime drama TV series that ran for 101 episodes.
Featured Image by Adinath Kothare / Instagram