|Adline Castelino Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||July 24, 1998|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Adline Castelino is an Indian model and beauty pageant contestant who won the Miss Diva Universe (Miss Universe India) 2020 title by virtue of which she earned the right to represent India at the Miss Universe 2020 competition. She had trained for pageantry competitions at the Cocoberry Training Academy in Mumbai and for her proficiency was awarded the ‘Miss Cocoberry Diva’ title by the academy in 2019. Adline has also been involved in charitable activities and during the global Coronavirus pandemic outbreak in 2020, she had helped organize the collection of essential items such as food, sanitizers, and masks for Desire Society, an Indian NGO that works for children affected with HIV.
Adline Mewis Quadros Castelino
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Adline had attended the Indian Central School in Kuwait. After returning to India at the age of 15, she had joined the St. Xavier High School in Mumbai. After her high school graduation, she enrolled at Wilson College from where she graduated with a degree in business administration.
Model, Beauty Pageant Contestant
- Father – Alphonsus Castelino
- Mother – Meera Castelino
- Siblings – Anicia Castelino (Older Sister), Andrea Castelino (Younger Sister)
She is represented by Rahul Gopi, Manager, Times Talent, Artist Management Firm, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mangalorean Catholic descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
Adline Castelino Facts
- Although Adline’s family belongs to Udyavara in the city of Udupi, Karnataka, she was born in Kuwait City as her family had relocated there before her birth.
- Apart from her modeling work, she has been involved in several philanthropic activities. She has worked with a charitable organization named Vikas Sahayog Pratishthan (VSP) that aims to help farmers attain a sustainable livelihood and thus curb farmer suicides. She has stated that she related to this cause because her grandmother had lost her life at the age of 22 due to the lack of medical facilities in rural India, where her grandparents were farmers.
- Adline has also raised funds for an NGO named Child Help Foundation (CHF) via Ketto, a crowd-funding platform for urgent medical issues.
- For the Miss Diva Universe (Miss Universe India) 2020 competition, she had auditioned through the Chennai leg of the competition and entered the main event as a city finalist. In the pre-final selection round, she was among the ‘Top 20’ delegates. She had also won the ‘Miss Smasher’ title during the contest’s sports round that was held at the Bennett University in Greater Noida.
- During the final round of the event, the Q&A round, she was asked the question ‘Does religion unite or divide people?’ by Malaika Arora, one of the judges on the panel.
- In an interview, she revealed that she was often bullied for her skin color and skinny frame during her school days. She mentioned that even her parents used to often comment on her color.
- During Miss Universe 2020, she finished at 4th place.
Featured Image by Adline Castelino / Instagram