|Adrian Pasdar Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 30, 1965|
Adrian Pasdar is an American actor, voice artist, and director, best known for his movie roles of Chipper in Top Gun (1986) alongside Tom Cruise, Caleb Colton in Near Dark (1987), and Frankie in Carlito’s Way (1993), and directing and producing his original feature film Cement (2000). His feature film Cement (2000) won a Grand Award in the category of “Theatrical Feature Film”, and an “Audience Award for Drama” at the AngelCiti Film Festival the same year. He also appeared in movies such as Cookie (1989), Vital Signs (1990), Torn Apart (1990), The Last Good Time (1994), The Pompatus of Love (1995), Wounded (1997), The Big Day (1999), Secondhand Lions (2003), Run (2013), and Coming Through the Rye (2015).
One of his prominent voice artist roles was that of Tony Stark/Iron Man in animated series Iron Man (2010), Marvel Anime (2010-2011), Ultimate Spider-Man (2012-2017), and Avengers Assemble (2013-2017). Adrian is also known by the audience as a television actor, with roles in series such as Profit (1996-1997), Feds (1997), Touched by an Angel (1998), Mysterious Ways (2000-2002), Judging Amy (2003-2005), and Desperate Housewives (2005). He has also appeared in Heroes (2006-2010), The Lying Game (2011-2013), Political Animals (2012), Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014-2018), Colony (2016-2017), and Supergirl (2017-2018).
Adrian Kayvan Pasdar
Band From TV
Pittsfield, Massachusetts, United States
Adrian graduated from Marple Newtown High School in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, the United States in 1983. He later got enrolled in the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, United States, on a football scholarship in 1983. He was subsequently forced to quit in freshman year after a massive injury that left his legs badly injured.
Adrian also attended the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida for 3 years, but never graduated. After he used the medical compensation for cutting his left thumb while constructing a set, Adrian managed to afford to attend the Lee Strasberg Theater Institute in New York City, New York, United States.
Actor, Voice Artist, Director
- Father – Homayoon Pasdar (Cardiac Surgeon)
- Mother – Rosemarie née Sbresny Pasdar (Travel Agent)
- Siblings – Anamarie Pasdar (Sister) (Theatrical Artistic Director, Producer)
- Others – Heinz Sbresny (Maternal Grandfather), Annemarie Elisabeth Guenther (Maternal Grandmother), Wilhelmiena Luekatis (Paternal Grandmother), Karl Guenther (Maternal Grand-Grandfather), Marie Wichmann (Maternal Grand-Grandmother)
Adrian Pasdar is represented by –
- The Gersh Agency (Talent Agent) in Beverly Hills, California, United States
- AVO Talent Agency (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Arcieri & Associates (Talent Agent Voice, Commercial) in New York, New York, United States
- Fidelity Management (Manager) in Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Heroes for Hire (Talent Agent Personal Appearance) in Studio City, California, United States
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Adrian Pasdar has dated –
- Cecilia Peck (1989-1997) – Adrian started dating actress Cecilia Peck in 1989. The couple dated for around 8 years before breaking up in 1997.
- Emily Lloyd (1990) – He was rumored to be dating British actress, Emily Lloyd in 1990 after they were seen together on a night out.
- Natalie Maines (1999-2017) – He met Natalie, the singer of the Dixie Chicks girl band, at the wedding of his best friend, where he was the best man, and she was the bridesmaid. After around a year of dating, the pair got married on June 24, 2000. They welcomed their 1st son, Jackson Slade Pasdar, on March 15, 2001. Less than 3 years later, on July 14, 2004, their 2nd son was born, who they named Beckett Finn Pasdar. On July 5, 2017, after a little more than 17 years of marriage, Natalie announced they were divorcing. That was where the problems started, because both of them signed a pre-nuptial agreement, stating that they wouldn’t be entitled to spousal support after a divorce. However, Adrian stated that his salary was only $150k per year in 2017, while Natalie earned $2 million per year, and much more if she tours. In addition, he was forced to pay rent for a house in Venice Beach, California, as he was forced to move out of the mansion in Brentwood they owned together. Adrian added that she was worth over $50 million, with $4.5 million in the property only. As of May 2019, the pair was still in court and he admitted that he asked Natalie to pay more than $350k in attorney fees, as he couldn’t afford it.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Middle Eastern)
He is of Iranian descent on his paternal side and of German and Polish descent on his maternal side.
Due to advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Salt and pepper hair and facial hair
- Slicked-back haircut
- Thick eyebrows
- Athletic physique
Best Known For
- Starring in TV series such as Profit (1996-1997), Feds (1997), Mysterious Ways (2000-2002), Judging Amy (2003-2005), Heroes (2006-2010), The Lying Game (2011-2013), and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014-2018)
- His movie roles in Top Gun (1986), Near Dark (1987), Cookie (1989), Torn Apart (1990), Carlito’s Way (1993), Wounded (1997), The Big Day (1999), Run (2013), and Coming Through the Rye (2015)
- Being the voice artist for anime characters such as Hawkeye (2009), Tony Stark / Iron Man (2010-2017), Hugo Strange (2011), Bruto The Strongman (2014), Micronus Prime (2015-2016), Ultron (2016), and Mr. Chase
As a Singer
Adrian Pasdar made his debut musical performance in the feature film he wrote, directed, and produced, titled Cement (2000), by singing the song Wildcat Shoes. Adrian also sang 4 songs – Main Title and First Victim (Jaws), The Murder, Silent Night, and The First Noel in the horror Home Movie in 2008.
Adrian Pasdar made his first theatrical film appearance as Chipper in the action-drama film Top Gun in 1986.
First TV Show
Adrian Pasdar made his first TV show appearance as George in an episode titled Paddy Chayefsky’s ‘The Mother’ of the music series Great Performances in 1994.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut on The Super Hero Squad Show as Hawkeye in 2009.
Adrian Pasdar Favorite Things
- Sport – Football
- School Subject – English
- Hobbies – Skydiving, Riding A Motorcycle, Playing Chess
- Music Genre – Rock, Trip Hop
- Music Group – Massive Attack
Adrian Pasdar Facts
- At the age of 2, Adrian, alongside his whole family, moved to Powelton, Pennsylvania, where his dad started to practice medicine as a cardiac surgeon.
- Adrian began acting on his own after he read a play based on the Bible, even though his family wasn’t too religious. He dressed their neighborhood dogs as sheep to help convey the story.
- In his freshman year of university, he had a terrible car crash with his friend while they were driving in a Jeep. Adrian was in a coma, broke both legs, and scarred his face, which crushed his dreams of playing football professionally.
- He dropped out of university after his car crash and got a job at the People’s Light and Theatre Company in Malvern, Pennsylvania, in an internship as a tech resident.
- He worked for his father at his food company named the Vandam Diner in Lower East Manhattan, New York City, New York.
- Adrian lived in Paris, France, and Berlin, Germany for a year.
- His audition for the role in the well-known movie Top Gun (1986) was so impressive that the director, Tony Scott created and wrote a character named Chipper just for him.
- Before his official directorial and screenwriting debut on Cement (2000), he directed and wrote an unreleased short film titled Beyond Belief (1995) that premiered at the East Hamptons Film Festival in October of that year.
- In 1997, Adrian directed a music video for the song My Hometown by Paula Abdul and was also a director of Charlie Robison’s music video for the song Bar Light Bar Bright in 1996.
- He has a Bobcat tattoo on his upper right arm and even named his film company, Bobcat Films. He also tattooed a Chinese character for strength in 1991 while he was filming the movie Shanghai 1920. Adrian also has a tattoo of an anchor with the names of his 2 sons next to it, symbolizing his family as his home and anchor in life.
- He played a transvestite in a movie called Just Like A Woman (1992).
- One of his best friends is Milo Ventimiglia, who played his brother in the TV series Heroes (2006-2010).
- One of his close friends, actor Chris Penn, died in 2006. Adrian was a pallbearer at his funeral.
- Adrian is a guitarist for Band from TV, a charity rock band that donates part of the proceeds to the Rush Epilepsy Center, a charity that he nominated.
- Follow him on YouTube.
Featured Image by Kristin Dos Santos / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0