|Ahmed Musa Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1992|
Ahmed Musa is a Nigerian professional soccer player known for his successful football career and for having performed under popular clubs. He has done endorsement work for numerous brands like Nike and Pepsi. Ahmed has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter.
Ahmed Musa went to the Saint Peace Primary School. He later got enrolled at the Ihya’ul Islamic Secondary School.
Musa got his soccer education at the GBS Football Academy.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Alhaji Musa (Former Professional Soccer Player)
- Mother – Sarah Moses (After her husband passed away, she raised Musa on her own)
- Siblings – Lawan Musa (Older Brother), Umar Musa (Older Brother), Zainab Musa (Older Sister)
Ahmed Musa is represented by William D’avila.
7 – CSKA Moscow, Leicester City, Nigerian National Team
18 – CSKA Moscow
13 – Leicester City
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ahmed Musa has dated –
- Jamila (2013-2017) – In 2013, Musa got married to Jamila. She gave birth to their son in 2013. They welcomed a baby girl into their family in August 2015. In April 2017, she called police in Leicestershire as she claimed that Musa had hit her. It was reported that they had a dispute over his decision to marry another woman. It was even alleged that she wasn’t ready to divorce him despite his plans for 2nd marriage. However, he did eventually divorce her.
- Juliet Ejue (2017-Present) – In May 2017, Musa got married to his 2nd wife, Juliet Ejue in a lavish wedding ceremony in Abuja. It was claimed that some of his family members including his first wife had objections over Ejue’s religion prior to marriage. Ejue is a Christian, while, most of the members of his family are Muslim.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African ancestry.
Ahmed Musa has a personal endorsement deal with sportswear giant, Nike, as part of which, he is required to use their products for his professional commitments.
He has also used his social media activity to promote products and brands such as –
Best Known For
- His successful stint with the Russian soccer club, CSKA Moscow, during which, he established his reputation as one of the most exciting African players
- Being the mainstay of the Nigerian National Team. He has been a key figure in their successful campaigns.
First Soccer Match
- In October 2010, he made his debut for Dutch side VVV-Venlo in a match against FC Groningen. He went on to win a penalty in the 50th minute.
- In 2012, he made his first professional appearance for CSKA Moscow. He made his first appearance in his 2nd stint at the club in January 2018.
- In August 2010, he made his international debut for the Nigerian National Team in a 2012 Africa Cup of Nations qualification match against Madagascar. He came in as a second-half substitute for John Obi Mikel.
- Attacking Movement
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film yet.
First TV Show
Apart from the TV broadcast of the soccer matches, Ahmed Musa hasn’t appeared on any TV show yet.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Ahmed Musa Favorite Things
- Childhood Soccer Club – Arsenal
- Role Model – Nwankwo Kanu
Source – The Guardian
Ahmed Musa Facts
- He started his soccer journey by playing for Aminchi Football Academy. He used to play for the club 6 days a week after his school. In fact, he used to get up at 6 in the morning to fit school and academy in his schedule.
- He first caught the attention of the soccer world in his native country in 2007 after he was cited in the “Undiscovered Talent” column of a well-known publication.
- Although he moved to VVV-Venlo in the summer of 2010, he couldn’t play for them until October as he hadn’t turned 18 and wasn’t eligible for an ITC in accordance with the current FIFA rules.
- Although he was heavily courted by the leading European clubs, he decided to move to CSKA Moscow in January 2012 for an undisclosed fee.
- After having spent 5 successful seasons at CSKA Moscow, he decided to move to Leicester City in July 2016 in a deal worth £16.6 million, which was the highest amount that the English club had spent on a single player.
- In June 2018, he was selected as “Man of the Match” in Nigeria’s World Cup group stage tie against Iceland as he scored both goals in his side’s 2-0 victory.
- During his first stint with CSKA Moscow, he managed to win 3 Russian Premier League titles and 1 Russian cup.
- In October 2017, he opened his petrol station in the northern Nigerian city of Kano. He had previously invested around N500m in a sports complex and leisure center in Kano. Ahmed has also opened a shopping mall in the city.
- Ahmed is involved in several philanthropic endeavors in his native country including distributing bags of rice to the poor and underprivileged.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Dmitry Sadovnikov / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0