|Aishwarya R. Dhanush Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||January 1, 1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aishwarya Dhanush is an Indian director widely known as the daughter of superstar Rajinikanth. She made her directorial debut with the film 3 (2012) starring her husband Dhanush. She was nominated for the Filmfare Award for her musical contribution to the 2010 movie Aayirathil Oruvan and she has been bestowed with numerous awards including the JFA Women Achievers Awards for the “Newsmaker of the Year” in 2012.
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
She attended Chettinad Vidyasharam in Chennai. She then enrolled in the Ashram School of Law and studied corporate law.
- Father – Rajinikanth (Actor)
- Mother – Latha Rajinikanth (Producer, Singer)
- Siblings – Soundarya Rajinikanth (Younger Sister) (Designer, Producer, Director)
- Others – Anirudh Ravichander (Cousin) (Film Composer, Singer)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Dhanush (2004-2022) – She tied the knot with the actor, producer, director and playback singer Dhanush in 2004. They have 2 sons named Yatra (b. 2006) and Linga (b. 2010). The couple separated in January 2022 after almost 18 years together.
Race / Ethnicity
She has promoted brands like Nike.
Aishwarya R. Dhanush Favorite Things
- Considers To Have The Power To Create Magic – Mindful meditation
- Workout – Yoga
- Supporter Of – Single mothers
- Books – Thrillers
- Best Advice Received – Her father’s wisdom that everything will pass so there is no point in holding on to anything too much whether it is happiness or sorrow.
- Best Dressed Men – Brad Pitt, Ranveer Singh
- Pastime – Exercising, Reading books having different interpretations of the Mahabharata and Ramayana
- Most Luxurious, Liberating Experience – Getting drenched in the rain on her terrace
Aishwarya R. Dhanush Facts
- She has sometimes done playback singing and before attaining fame, she had even debuted as a playback singer in 2003 by working for the film Whistle.
- She is also a trained classical dancer.
- She has worked as an assistant director for the regional movies Baba (2002) and Aayirathil Oruvan (2010).
- Being a dancer, director as well as a singer, she has sat on the judges’ panel of the reality TV dance competition show named Jodi Number One in 2008.
- When Aishwarya wanted to direct the film 3, she had a hard time trying to convince the director Kasthuri Raja as he was doubtful of her filmmaking abilities. She even showed him a video that she had shot but he was still reluctant. It was only after Dhanush showed him the script that he agreed to go ahead with the project.
- She completed the shooting of the film 3 in only 50 days.
- In August 2016, she was chosen to be India’s goodwill ambassador for the UN Women organization.
- She has always remained a votary of comfortable and casual dressing with her off-screen style typically comprising of a minimalist T-shirt, denim, and a pair of slippers.
- She has disclosed that her husband Dhanush spoils her so much that she never has a shopping wish-list. He shops more for her than she does for herself.
- In December 2016, Aishwarya released her own memoir titled Standing on An Apple Box: The Story of A Girl Among the Stars where she has narrated her own real-life story of being a star kid, making her career choices, her wedding and most importantly, her experience of being a modern woman. She has given a beautiful account of her love and her raising of children with her husband Dhanush.
- In February 2022, it was revealed that Aishwarya had been tested positive for COVID-19.
Featured Image by Aishwarya R. Dhanush / Instagram