|Al Horford Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 3, 1986|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alfred Joel Horford Reynoso
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Al Horford attended the Grand Ledge High School. After graduating, he got enrolled at the University of Florida on an athletic scholarship. He graduated from the university in 2007.
Professional basketball player
- Father – Tito Horford (Former professional basketball player)
- Mother – Arelis Reynoso
- Siblings – Anna Horford (Younger Sister) (Social media star), Maria Horford (Younger Sister), Josh Horford (Younger Brother), Jon Horford (Brother)
Al Horford is managed by Bill Duffy since October 2015.
Power Forward / Centre
- 15 – Atlanta Hawks
- 42 – Boston Celtics
6 ft 10 in or 208 cm
111 kg or 245 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Al Horford has dated
- Nia Riley (2008-2009) – According to reports, Al Horford was going out with model and reality TV star, Nia Riley in 2008 as they were pictured out and about on a couple of occasions. However, their relationship came to an end in 2009.
- Amelia Vega (2009-Present) – Al Horford first met model and beauty queen Amelia Vega, who is well known for being the first woman of Dominican origin to win the Miss Universe title, in 2006 at the Latin Pride Awards. They began dating almost 4 years after having met for the first time. When they did start dating, Horford was sure that Amelia was the one he was going to marry. In 2011, they got married in a lavish and romantic wedding ceremony. In February 2015, she gave birth to their son, Ean. In 2016, they welcomed a baby girl, Alia, into their family.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Bahamian and Dominican ancestry.
- Tall height
- Athletic physique
Best Known For
Being a successful and popular basketball player, having turned out for Atlanta Hawks and Boston Celtics.
First NBA Match
He made his professional NBA debut in the 2007-2008 season for Atlanta Hawks.
First TV Show
In 2008, Al Horford made his first TV show appearance on the sports talk show, Rome Is Burning.
To keep himself fit during the off-season, Al Horford goes for a host of cardio workouts. He relies on hot yoga to improve his flexibility and agility, which serves him well during the season and makes his body injury-free as well. He also loves indulging in boxing and sparring workout sessions. His other preferred cardio activities include swimming and cycling.
For a professional athlete, a healthy breakfast is a must. His preferred off-season breakfast comprises of eggs, oatmeal, quinoa, turkey bacon, fruits, and orange juice. He is a huge fan of the high protein content of quinoa. On a game day, he eats salad and pasta and drinks a lot of water. To make sure that he eats healthy while traveling, he carries trail mix, pistachios, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches along.
His typical daily diet during the season is as follows –
- Breakfast – Maple berry oatmeal, zucchini benedict, mixed green salad, and chicken breakfast sausage
- Lunch – Creamy polenta, wilted spinach, microgreen salad, and steak Diane
- Dinner – Cilantro rice, avocado salad, bun-less oregano turkey burgers
- Snack – He relies on high protein dishes to curb his hunger in between meals. He loves almond butter and rice cakes, homemade lemon pepper chicken wings, and chicken meatballs.
Overall, his diet is mostly dairy and gluten-free. He usually consumes somewhere between 3500-4000 calories per day.
Al Horford Favorite Things
- Off the Court Workout Routine – Biking
- Post-Game / Post-Workout Meal – Pasta Bolognese with Chicken
- Dish – Butternut Squash Lasagna (Gluten-free and dairy-free)
- Childhood Players – Grant Hill, Tim Duncan, and Shaquille O’Neal
Al Horford Facts
- In June 2007, he was snapped up by Atlanta Hawks in the NBA Draft as the third overall pick. They signed him on a rookie scale contract.
- In November 2010, the Atlanta Hawks inked a contract extension with him worth $60 million, which secured his stay with them for 5 more years.
- In 2012, he had to miss out on a significant portion of the season after having torn his left pectoral muscle. He had to undergo surgery to speed up the healing process.
- In July 2016, the Boston Celtics signed him up as a restricted free agent on a four-year contract worth $113 million.
Featured Image by Keith Allison / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0