|Aleksandr Golovin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 30, 1996|
Aleksandr Golovin is a Russian professional soccer player known for having played under popular football clubs like CSKA Moscow and Russia National Team. He was already on the radar of the leading European clubs even before he delivered scintillating performances at the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho had himself watched him play in Russia’s friendly against Austria before the world cup. With his silky performances as a playmaker, he certainly has put the whole of Europe on notice.
Aleksandr Sergeyevich Golovin
Professional Soccer Player
Aleksandr Golovin is represented by Dmitri Alenichev.
Midfielder, Attacking Midfielder, Winger
60 – CSKA Moscow
17 – CSKA Moscow, Russia National Team
25 – Russia National Team
5 ft 10 in or 178 m
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aleksandr Golovin has dated –
- Angelina Vaschenko (2016-Present) – Golovin started going out with Angelina Vaschenko in 2016. She has been often seen in the stands during CSKA Moscow matches cheering Golovin. She was also spotted during Russia’s matches in the 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Race / Ethnicity
Aleksandr Golovin has inked a personal endorsement deal with Nike. In a bid to promote the brand, he wears their footwear for his professional matches.
Best Known For
Being one of the best emerging playmakers in Europe. He was especially great for the Russian National Team at the 2018 FIFA World Cup, where his team managed to reach up to the quarterfinal stage.
First Soccer Match
- In March 2015, he made his Russian Premier League debut in CSKA Moscow‘s match against FC Mordovia Saransk.
- In June 2015, he made his debut for the Russian National Team in a friendly match against Belarus at the Arena Khimki. He was sent in as captain Roman Shirokov’s replacement in the 61st minute. He scored his side’s 2nd goal in a 4-2 victory.
- Long Shots
- Set piece delivery
- Free kicks
- Work rate
- Aerial duels
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of his football matches, Aleksandr Golovin made his first TV show appearance on the comedy talk show, Evening Urgant (original title – Vecherniy Urgant) in 2017.
Aleksandr Golovin Favorite Things
- Role Models – Zinedine Zidane and Alexey Smertin
- Soccer Team – Real Madrid
- Defensive Midfielder – N’Golo Kante
Source – ESPN
Aleksandr Golovin Facts
- When he was just 5 years old, he told his father that he was going to become a professional soccer player no matter what happens.
- He grew up in a tiny town of Kaltan, Russia.
- As his hometown of Kaltan only had 1 regular-sized pitch, which was poorly maintained, he played a lot of soccer while growing up on futsal pitches, which has helped him develop his dribbling and quick passing skills.
- In 2012, he was called into the Siberia XI for a tournament held in Crimea. He had also established himself as an important player at Leninsk-Kuznetsky.
- Aleksandr was spotted by the CSKA scouts at the tournament in Crimea and he was immediately signed up by the Russian club’s youth setup.
- He was a member of the Russia national under-17 football team that went on to win the 2013 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. Later, he finished as a runner-up at the 2015 UEFA European Under-19 Championship with the under-19 team.
- Fabio Capello left many experts and analysts puzzled when he decided to call up Golovin to the national squad in June 2015 as he had made just a single appearance for CSKA Moscow.
- As Alan Dzagoev and Igor Denisov were injured, he got an opportunity to play for the national team at the Euro 2016. It also counted in his favor that the national coach was Leonid Slutsky, who had previously mentored Golovin at CSKA.
- When Slutsky became Hull City‘s coach in June 2017, Golovin was heavily linked with a move to the English side. But, they didn’t have the necessary funds to tempt CSKA to sell their prodigy.
- In June 2018, he played a key role in his side’s 5-0 victory over Saudi Arabia in the first group stage match of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. He recorded 2 assists and scored a stunning free kick for his side’s final goal.
- He doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by Cyril Venediktov / www.soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0