|N’Golo Kanté Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||March 29, 1991|
N’Golo Kanté is a professional footballer who plays for the French side as a defensive midfielder. He also plays for the English club Chelsea. Kanté commenced playing football at the age of 8. In 2016, he started representing France at the senior international matches. Though Kanté plays for France but, his ancestry is Malian.
N’Golo Kanté started his soccer education at JS Suresnes, a club based in western suburbs of French capital. He stayed with the club for about 10 years before joining the youth setup of Boulogne.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
N’Golo Kanté is represented by Karim Douis.
14 – Leicester City
7 – Chelsea
5 – France National Team
13 – France National Team
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
N’Golo Kanté is one of the most reserved players in the English top flight and prefers to keep his personal life away from the public domain, which makes it difficult for us to say anything about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Malian ancestry on both his parents’ side. In fact, his mother and father were born in Mali.
- Short Height
- Bald Head
N’Golo Kanté has a personal endorsement deal with the sportswear giant, Adidas. He often wears their products such as cleats and shin pads for his professional matches.
Best Known For
His successful season with Leicester City. In his only season with the English side, he played a key role in helping them win their first English title in their 132 years of history as a professional club.
First Soccer Match
In May 2012, he made his professional soccer debut as he turned out for Boulogne in a Ligue 2 match against Monaco.
In August 2015, he made his debut in the English top flight for Leicester City in a 4-2 win against Sunderland.
In March 2016, he made his international debut for the French national team in a friendly match against the Netherlands. He came in as Lassana Diarra’s replacement in a 3-2 victory.
- Ball winning ability
- Defensive Positioning
- Long Shots
- Passing Range
First TV Show
Apart from the broadcast of the soccer matches, N’Golo Kanté hasn’t made an appearance on any TV show.
Apart from the soccer-related drills and exercises, Kante regularly works out in the gym to keep his body in strong shape for his defensive game. He also takes care of nutrition to fuel his body.
He prefers to start his day with some cereal and milk. He sometimes adds fruit to his morning meal as well.
For lunch, he likes to have a big meal comprising of pasta, tomato mozzarella, grated carrots, and red pesto.
N’Golo Kanté Favorite Things
- Food – Pizza
Source – Sport Bible
N’Golo Kanté Facts
- As he hadn’t represented France in any age group team, he was approached by Mali national team to represent them at the 2015 African Cup of Nations. They again issued an invitation in January 2016 but Kante wasn’t interested.
- He started playing soccer at the age of 8 for JS Suresnes.
- Although he delivered consistent performances while growing up, he remained out of the radar of big clubs because of his selfless playing style and small size.
- In August 2015, he was brought to the English shores by Leicester City on a 4 years deal, which was reported to be worth €8 million (£5.6 million).
- In April 2016, he was included in the PFA Team of the Year along with three of his other Leicester City teammates (Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez, and Wes Morgan).
- In his debut season (2016/17) with Chelsea, he went on to win another English league title. At the end of the season, he was included in PFA Team of the Year for the second consecutive season.
- At the end of 2016/17 season, he was declared the FWA Footballer of the Year, Premier League Player of the Season, and PFA Players’ Player of the Year.
- He grew up in a financially limited household in a small flat.
- After making his professional debut for Boulogne, he used to travel to the training using a kick scooter.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Кирилл Венедиктов / Soccer.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0