|Alessio Romagnoli Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1995|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alessio Romagnoli is an Italian professional soccer player who has played as a defender for major Italian clubs such as AS Roma, UC Sampdoria, and AC Milan. He won the Supercoppa Italiana in 2016 with AC Milan and was named the club captain when the Serie A‘s, premier soccer league in Italy, 2018–19 season began. At the international level, he has represented Italy at the Under-16, Under-17, Under-19, and Under-21 levels. Alessio made his senior national team debut in October 2016. In 2015, he was named in the list of ‘100 Top Young Footballers in the World born after 1994’, compiled by Don Balón, a Spanish weekly sports magazine.
Anzio, Lazio, Italy
He splits his time between Rome, Lazio, Italy and Milan, Lombardy, Italy.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Giulio Romagnoli
- Mother – Gianna Romagnoli
- Siblings – Simone Romagnoli (Older Brother) (Professional Soccer Player), Mirko Romagnoli (Younger Brother) (Professional Soccer Player)
He is represented by –
- Mino Raiola, Soccer Agent
- SoBe Sport, Management & PR Agency, Milan, Lombardy, Italy
- 3, 6, 13 – Italy
- 46, 11 – AS Roma
- 5 – UC Sampdoria
- 13 – AC Milan
Centre Back (Defender)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Italian descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has his right arm and his left wrist covered in tattoos
Alessio has endorsed brands such as –
Alessio Romagnoli Facts
- He is a product of the renowned Roma Primavera, the Italian club AS Roma‘s youth soccer development program. As his exceptional talents were visible very early, he was promoted to the senior AS Roma squad at the age of just 17 and made his senior debut in December 2012.
- After nearly 3 years with the club and first-team opportunities limited, he was loaned to UC Sampdoria in September 2014. Alessio found more opportunities with his new club but Roma re-activated the buy-back clause in his contract and he returned to the club in June 2015.
- However, his return to the club did not last long as he was sold to Italian giants AC Milan in August 2015, on a 5-year contract, for a fee of €25 million. In March 2016, when he scored a goal in the club’s 5-0 win over Alessandria in the Coppa Italia, AC Milan reached the tournament’s final for the first time since 2003.
- His first goal for AC Milan came on April 15, 2017, and it was a special occasion as the goal came in the ‘Derby Della Madonnina’, the rivalry match between the 2 behemoths of soccer in Milan; AC Milan and Inter Milan.
- During the 2018-19 Italian season, he scored stoppage-time goals twice within a space of 5 days, earning AC Milan wins over Genoa (2-1) and Udinese (1-0).
Featured Image by Alessio Romagnoli / Instagram