|Alex Gaskarth Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||December 14, 1987|
Alex Gaskarth is a musician, born in England, United Kingdom but residing in the United States. He is also an actor and podcast host. Alex who started his music career in 2002 serves as the lead vocalist and guitarist of the band All Time Low. Alex has a tenor vocal style and his vocal range is from A2 to C#5.
Alexander William Gaskarth
Harlow, Essex, England, United Kingdom
Alex Gaskarth went to the Towson High School and graduated in 2006.
Musician, singer, songwriter, podcast host, and actor
- Father – Peter Gaskarth
- Mother – Isobel Gaskarth
- Siblings – Jillian (Older Half-Sister), Helen (Older Half-Sister), Tom (Older Half-Brother) (Passed away due to alcohol poisoning when Alex was 12 years old)
Alex Gaskarth is managed by Keith Lazorchak of WEG Music.
Pop punk, emo pop, power pop, pop rock, alternative rock
Vocals, guitar, piano, keyboards
Emerald Moon, Hopeless, Interscope Records, Fueled by Ramen
6 ft or 183 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alex Gaskarth has dated
- Lisa Ruocco (2004-Present) – Alex started going out with Lisa Ruocco in 2004 while they were studying in high school. However, their relationship has been on and off for large periods of its duration as Alex has often wandered off the path. He has had flings and affairs while touring with his music band. However, Lisa has mostly struck by his side. However, later, he cleaned up his act and got serious about Lisa. They took their relationship to the next level in April 2016 by getting married in a romantic and private ceremony.
- Meg Frampton (2007-2008) – Alex has had a tortured and fiery affair with musician Meg Frampton, who has also served as a member of the rock band Meg & Dia. They reportedly started going out in 2007 and dated until 2008. He was inspired by Meg who wrote the song Vegas for Alex’s band All Time Low, in which he talks about how he could have married a woman if he could have. Then, their breakup inspired him to write I’m Going Away.
- Janelle Hansen (2011) – In the summer of 2011, Alex had a fling with Janelle Hansen. She shared a number of pictures of them together on her social media account and they were spotted together at a couple of events as well. Alex later defended his fling by claiming that he and Lisa were on a break at that time. His feelings for her had influenced him to write That Girl.
- Taylor Jardine (2012) – The rumors of Alex dating singer and songwriter, Taylor Jardine, who is a member of the pop punk band We Are the In Crowd, started circulating at the start of 2012. Both their bands were touring the UK and were represented by the same record label, due to which they often shared the stage. The start of the rumors could be traced back to Alex performing Kiss Me Again on stage and Taylor joining in for a cozy performance. This led to fans of their band calling the new couple Taylex. They were also seen flirting on the Twitter and were often spotted holding hands during the tour. In fact, the AP Magazine referred to Taylor as his girlfriend. And, he sorts of confirmed their relationship in the interview as well. However, as soon as the tour ended and he landed back in the US, he ended their affair and went back to Lisa. Soon after, they got engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
But, he has experimented with various other shades.
- Messy hairdo
- Often has a fuzzy beard
- Sharp jawline
Best Known For
- Being the lead vocalist and primary songwriter of the rock band All Time Low. He is also the rhythm guitarist of the band, which is best known for the success of their studio album, Nothing Personal, which made its Billboard debut on the 4th spot and sold over 63,000 copies.
- Having hosted the Alternative Press Music Awards in 2015 and 2016 with his bandmate Jack Barakat.
In 2005, Alex’s music group released their debut studio album, The Party Scene. Although the album achieved little commercial success, it was well received by the critics.
First TV Show
In 2012, Alex Gaskarth made his first TV show appearance in the comedy reality TV show, Punk’d.
Alex Gaskarth Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – Blink, Green Day, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Queen, Nirvana, Genesis
- Place to Play – Ireland
- Drink – Old Fashioned
- Song to Perform Live – So Long Soldier
- Beer Bar – Full Tilt brewers in Baltimore
- Music Album – Enema of The State by Blink 182
- Cheap Beer – Natty Boh
- Expensive Beer – Allagash White
- Mixed Drink – Jameson
- Ginger Shot – Jameson
- Music Venue – Brixton Academy in London
Source – Reddit
Alex Gaskarth Facts
- Early in his teens, Alex was a member of the music band called Crew Fighters, which used to cover songs of leading rock bands.
- All Time Low was formed while Alex was studying in the 9th grade in school. They initially used to mostly cover songs from punk bands such as Blink 182.
- He started playing music with his future bandmate Jack Barakat when he was studying in the 8th grade.
- When the band was initially formed, he served only as the vocalist of the band. However, after the lead guitarist, TJ Ihle left the group, he decided to pick up the guitar.
- Alex and his bandmates started getting serious about their music when they were in the senior year of high school. After high school graduation, they started focusing full time on their music.
- In honor of his brother Tom, who died due to alcohol poisoning, Alex has got a tattoo of a rose on his left hand. He has also written a song, Lullabies in his memory.
- When he was 6 years old, his family moved from England to the United States and settled in Baltimore, Maryland.
Featured Image by Monicasykes / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0