|Álex Lora Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||December 2, 1952|
Álex Lora is a Mexican musician, composer, singer, and songwriter who is known to be the godfather of the rock and roll scene in Mexico. He is most notably recognized for being the lead singer and guitarist of the rock and blues El Tri (banda) with whom he has earned 5 Grammy Award nominations.
Jose Alejandro Lora Serna
Puebla de Zaragoza, Mexico
Musician, Singer, Songwriter, Composer
- Father – Alejandro Lora Cruz
- Mother – Eloisa Serna
As a member of El Tri, he is represented by Chela Lora.
Rock, Blues Rock, Rock in Spanish, Latin Rock, Blues, Rock and Roll, National Anthems
Voice, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica
As a member of EL Tri, he has released his music through various record labels that include the Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group, Fonovisa Records, and Camrock.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Álex Lora has dated –
- Celia García Guerrero – In 1980, he married a woman named Celia García Guerrero with whom he has a daughter named Celia Lora (b. December 25, 1983).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Spanish ancestry.
- Thick long curly hair
- When in public, he often sports a pair of oval-shaped sunglasses.
- Tenor vocals
Álex Lora Facts
- He was raised in Mexico.
- In late 1968, Álex formed the band Three Souls in My Mind along with musicians Carlos Hauptvogel and Guillermo Berea. However, due to disagreements, there was a fallout. After that, he went on to create the band, El Tri, that same year. “El Tri” was derived from what fans would call him and his previous band members.
- Álex always considered English to be the language of rock.
- In 1984, he released his first studio album titled Simply (El Tri album), and since then has gone on to release more than a dozen other albums that include When you’re not there (1997), Lora, her lyre and her songs (1999), Don’t Forget About The Band (2002), Alex Lora: Slave of Rock and Roll (2003), Beyond Good and Evil (2005), A talonear (2007), Nothing to lose (2008), An Eye for an Eye (2013), We were born to roll and we are worth mothers !!! (2017), and We Want to Rock (2019).
- Following his legendary success, a statue of him that is located in the city of Los Angeles was unveiled to his fans on September 16, 2005. There are statues of him in several other locations that include Puebla and Guadalajara.
- His style of singing is Tenor.
- As of May 2021, the members of the band El Tri were Chela Lora (Manager and Choirs), Eduardo Chico (Guitar), Oscar Zárate (Guitar), Carlos Valerio (Bass), Lalo Toral (Piano), Rafael Salgado (Harmonica), Alejandro Álvarez (Violin), and Felipe Chacón (Drums).
- As a member of El Tri, Álex contributed to the release of various Grammy Award-nominated “Best Rock Albums in Spanish” such as When you’re not (1998), End Century (1999), We Can’t Fly (2001), and 35 Years and What Is Still Missing (2005). His band has also received a nomination in the category of “Best Rock Album Vocal Duo or Group” for Alex Lora: Del Three a El Tri (40 songs of the soul. My clinging) (2009).
Featured Image By Secretaría de Cultura Ciuda / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0