|Maddie Poppe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1997|
|Boyfriend||Caleb Lee Hutchinson|
Maddie Poppe is an American singer known for being the winner of the 16th season of American Idol. She has released songs like I Don’t Care To Belong, More Than Friends, and Going Going Gone. Maddie has a huge social media fan base with more than 500k followers on Instagram, more than 100k followers on Twitter, and more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Madeline Mae Poppe
Clarksville, Iowa, United States
Iowa, United States
Maddie Poppe went to the Clarksville High School and graduated in 2016. She then got enrolled at the Iowa Central Community College. She later shifted to the Hawkeye Community College as it was closer to her house.
- Father – Trent Poppe (Singer, Musician)
- Mother – Tonya Poppe
- Siblings – Hannah Poppe (Sister)
Maddie Poppe handles her representation work on her own.
Vocals, Guitar, Piano, Ukelele
- Hollywood Records
- 19 Recordings Inc.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Maddie Poppe has dated –
- Caleb Lee Hutchinson (2018-Present) – Maddie started dating singer Caleb Lee Hutchinson, who was also her fellow contestant in American Idol, in the early months of 2018. However, they kept their relationship secret as they didn’t want the focus to be diverted from the show. But eventually, the show host, Ryan Seacrest found out about their relationship and after having a discussion with the show producer, they decided to reveal their relationship in the finale of the show. They also performed a romantic song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow while holding hands. They were awarded a free trip to Disney’s Aulani resort in Hawaii by the show producers.
Race / Ethnicity
- Petite figure
- Blue eyes
Best Known For
- Having won the 16th season of the popular music competition show, American Idol
- Having appeared in a host of talk shows such as Jimmy Kimmel Live! and Live! with Kelly and Ryan
In June 2016, she released her debut studio album, Songs From the Basement in collaboration with an independent record label.
First TV Show
In 2016, Maddie Poppe made her first TV show appearance as a contestant on the music reality TV series, The Voice.
Maddie Poppe Favorite Things
- Iowa Restaurants – Pizza Ranch and Asian Garden
Source – Des Moines Register
Maddie Poppe Facts
- She has received support and praise from established and popular singers such as Katy Perry and Carrie Underwood on the social media.
- Although she showed interest in music at a very early age, she didn’t start performing publicly until she was studying in middle school.
- Her father used to take Maddie and her sisters to record Christmas songs as a gift for their grandparents.
- When she was 14 years old, her sister Hannah convinced her to perform a duet on Fleetwood Mac’s Landslide at a local town festival. It was after this performance that she caught the performance bug and got serious about music.
- While studying in high school, she used to participate in the track events. She also used to play basketball.
- In high school, she was a member of the school choir and band. She also served as the student body president.
- She was awarded the scholarship at the Iowa Central Community College by Teresa Jackson, the director of the theater program, who was impressed by her musical talent after watching her perform on YouTube. However, she was offered a scholarship on a condition that she would perform in spring musical and fall play.
- She also used to perform with her father and his band at Pioneer Days.
- In the past, she has worked as a stagehand responsible for setting up equipment for the performing musicians at the local fair.
- In recognition of her achievements, Kim Reynolds, the Governor of Iowa, announced that May 20th would be celebrated as Maddie Poppe Day in Iowa.
- Visit her official website @ maddiepoppe.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Maddie Poppe / Instagram