|Caleb Lee Hutchinson Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1999|
Caleb Lee Hutchinson is an American singer who is best known for appearing as a contestant in the 16th season of the singing reality TV series, American Idol, in 2018. Although he finished his journey on the show as a runner-up, his popularity has been on a rise ever since.
Caleb Lee Hutchinson
Dallas, Georgia, United States
Georgia, United States
Caleb graduated from South Paulding High School in Paulding County, Georgia in 2017.
Singer, Songwriter, TV Personality
- Father – William Hutchinson (He works in construction.)
- Mother – Piper Hutchinson
- Siblings – Tyler (Older Brother)
He is managed by Bryan Frasher from Red Light Management.
Guitar, Vocals, Bass, Ukulele, Banjo, Mandolin, Drums, Keyboard
In 2018, Caleb released his single, Johnny Cash Heart, via Hollywood Records.
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
85 kg or 187 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Caleb has dated –
- Maddie Poppe (2018-Present) – Caleb Lee Hutchinson began dating singer Maddie Poppe in April 2018. It was during the final round of the show American Idol that the budding singer declared that he and Maddie were in a relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad nose
- Thick eyebrows
- Square face
Hutchinson has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
Appearing as a contestant in the 16th season of the singing competition series, American Idol, in 2018
As a Singer
Caleb released an EP named Country Music in 2016. Later, in 2018, he released a single, Johnny Cash Heart, which was released through Hollywood Records.
First TV Show
Caleb made his first TV show appearance in the singing competition series, The Voice, in 2015.
In 2017, after his selection in American Idol season 16, Caleb started taking care of his diet. He eliminated soda and sweet tea from his diet and lost around 70 to 80 pounds.
Caleb Lee Hutchinson Favorite Things
- Country Artists – Jamie Johnson, Chris Stapleton, Sturgill Simpson, Luke Combs, Jason Isbell
- Artist To Cover – Post Malone
Source – AJC
Caleb Lee Hutchinson Facts
- Caleb gained popularity after participating in the 16th season of the television series, American Idol, in 2018.
- In 2015, he appeared in the 9th installment of the singing competition, The Voice, but was disqualified as none of the judges chose him.
- Caleb was only 5 when his grandmother brought him a karaoke machine. Since then, he has been practicing singing.
- His some of the favorite tracks to sing include the ones by Johnny Cash and Elvis Presley.
- He has always been madly into music and during his school days, Hutchinson was allowed by his teachers to carry his guitar from one class to another and his Spanish teacher occasionally spared him the last 5 minutes of the class to perform.
- While in his final year, the time when he was still making his way through the music industry, he planned to take dual enrollment classes at Chattahoochee Tech for a secured future. But, he later dropped the idea.
- Caleb likes to extemporize and customize his songs.
- Aged 14, the time when he was singing around in Atlanta, he also sang in Mill Town Music Hall in Bremen and was unaware that he had actually opened for the American Idol season 4 runner-up, Bo Bice, in 2012 while performing there for the first time.
- Hutchinson sang The Steeldrivers‘ “If It Hadn’t Been For Love” during his audition for American Idol and the judges, Lionel Richie, Katy Perry, and Luke Bryan, praised him for his voice quality and texture.
- In 2018, for the finals of American Idol, he sang Johnny Cash Heart, which was later released as his debut single and the song peaked at number 16 in the Country Digital Song Sales chart.
- Lee wrapped-up as a runner-up in the series, American Idol, in 2018.
- Follow Caleb Lee Hutchinson on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Caleb Lee Hutchinson / Instagram