|Chris Stapleton Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0.5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 15, 1978|
Chris Stapleton is a successful American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. Some of his popular songs include Tennessee Whiskey, Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning, Fire Away, Broken Halos, and Millionaire. He has worked with artists like Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Adele, Tim McGraw, and Justin Timberlake. He has more than 2 million followers on Facebook, more than 1 million followers on Instagram, and more than 1 million subscribers on YouTube.
Christopher Alvin Stapleton
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Chris Stapleton attended the Johnson Central High School in Paintsville, Kentucky. After that, he joined Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee, to study engineering but left after a year.
Singer, Songwriter, Guitarist, Record Producer
- Father – Herbert Joseph Stapleton, Jr. (Coal Miner)
- Mother – Carol J. Stapleton (Employee at The Local Health Department)
- Siblings – Herbert Joseph III (Older Brother), Melanie Brooke (Younger Sister)
- Others – Herbert Joseph Stapleton, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Minnie Osburn (Paternal Grandmother), Alvin Nathan Mace (Maternal Grandfather), Jatama Alegris O’Dell (Maternal Grandmother)
Chris Stapleton is managed by –
- Jay Williams and Kevin Meads, Agents, WME Entertainment, Talent Agency, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
- Coran Capshaw, Zach Peters, and Clay Hunt, Managers at Red Light Management, Music Management Company, Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Country, Bluegrass, Southern rock, Outlaw Country, Blues, Southern Soul, Country Rock
Vocals, Guitar, Mandolin
- Mercury Nashville
- Warner/Chappell Music (WCM)
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
88 kg or 194 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris Stapleton has dated –
- Morgane Stapleton (2003-Present) – In 2003, Chris met singer-songwriter from a neighboring publishing house Morgane Hayes. Chris himself was working at a Nashville publishing house back then. Morgane’s friend was working with Chris, and she used to hang around in the office to meet Chris. Eventually, they went on sessions to write songs together and later started a relationship. In 2007, the couple got married. They are blessed with 4 children, the oldest being a son (b. 2010), then a daughter (b. 2012), and later the twin boys Macon and Samuel (b. 2018).
Race / Ethnicity
He has Dutch, English, French, German, Irish, Manx, Scottish, Swedish, Welsh, and remote Breton and Finnish ancestry.
- Long hair and beard
- Tends to wear his signature cowboy hat
- Sturdy built
Chris Stapleton has appeared in a TV commercial for Ram Trucks (2016).
Best Known For
- His numerous hit songs including Tennessee Whiskey, Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning, Second One to Know, Scarecrow in the Garden, Tryin’ to Untangle My Mind, Fire Away, What Are You Listening To, Traveller, Nobody to Blame, Parachute, Either Way, Broken Halos, and Millionaire
- Being a lead vocalist, for the bluegrass band The SteelDrivers from 2008 to 2010 and the rock and roll band The Jompson Brothers from 2007 to 2013
On May 5, 2015, he released his first studio album Traveller through Mercury Nashville. The album had 14 original tracks and was given a ‘3xPlatinum’ certification by RIAA.
First TV Show
In 2015, he made his first TV show appearance as a guest on the talk show Late Show with David Letterman.
Chris Stapleton Favorite Things
- Record Of all Time – Tom Petty’s Wildflowers
- Drink – Bourbon from Kentucky called Colonel E.H. Taylor
Source – Rolling Stone
Chris Stapleton Facts
- He grew up in Staffordsville, Kentucky.
- He comes from a family of coal miners.
- In 2001, he moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue his songwriting career. He later started off writing songs for Sea Gayle Music.
- During his high school days and when he moved to Nashville, he was mostly clean-shaven.
- Early on, he worked at Papa John’s Pizza and still has his employee badge.
- In 2016, he became the first country artist to win all the notable Country Music Awards like “Album of the Year”, “Song of the Year”, “Songwriter of the Year”, “New Male Vocalist of the Year”, and “Male Vocalist of the Year”.
- Chris has written many songs where Whiskey is the main subject like Drinkin’ Dark Whiskey, Whiskey and You, Good Corn Liquor, Drinkin’ Alone, and Hangover Tonight.
- He has written for numerous artists including Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Jason Aldean, Brad Paisley, Brooks & Dunn, Adele, Tim McGraw, and Justin Timberlake.
- He has also contributed to several #1 hits songs for artists like Luke Bryan’s Drink a Beer, Darius Rucker’s Come Back Song, Kenny Chesney’s Never Wanted Nothing More, Josh Turner’s Your Man, and Thomas Rhett’s Crash and Burn.
- For his debut Traveller album, he played the electric guitar, mandolin, and acoustic guitar.
- When he is not touring or making music, he likes to go fishing.
- He likes to collect pocket knives.
- He admits that his wife has never seen his chin.
- Visit his official website @ www.chrisstapleton.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Julio Enriquez / Flickr / CC BY-2.0