|Alexa Ray Joel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||December 29, 1985|
Alexa Ray Joel is an American singer, songwriter, musician, and pianist who is the daughter of singer-songwriter Billy Joel and model Christie Brinkley. In 2006, she released her extended play titled Sketches.
Alexa Ray Joel
Manhattan, New York, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Alexa Ray Joel was enrolled at New York University, where she studied musical theater for a year.
Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Musician
- Father – Billy Joel (Singer)
- Mother – Christie Brinkley (Model)
- Siblings – Jack Paris Brinkley Cook (Half-Brother), Sailor Lee Brinkley Cook (Half-Sister), Della Rose (Half-Sister)
- Others – Helmuth Julius Joel (Paternal Grandfather), Rosalind Nyman (Paternal Grandmother), Herbert Hudson (Maternal Grandfather), Marjorie Marie Bowling (Maternal Grandmother), Alexander Joel (Uncle)
Alexa Ray Joel has been an independent artist.
Pop, soul, blues, jazz, rock, adult contemporary
Vocals, piano, keyboards
ARJ Music, Audio Bee, The Hang Productions Inc.
Her net worth had been $10 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alexa Ray Joel has dated –
- Jimmy Riot (2005-2009) – Alexa’s relationship with musician Jimmy Riot came into the spotlight after she tried to commit suicide by swallowing a handful of sleeping pills in December 2009. She was reportedly struggling to come to terms with her breakup from Jimmy. Alexa had started going out with hard rock bassist Jimmy Riot in 2005. She was 19 years old, whereas her boyfriend was 34. Age difference had attracted her in particular. He used to play in her band and had helped her produce her 2006 extended play Sketches.
- Cass Dillon (2010-2012) – Alexa Ray started going out with musician and songwriter Cass Dillon in 2010. She first met Cass after she had hired him to play guitar in her single, Notice Me. Joel’s father Billy had also collaborated with Cass for the 2007 single, Christmas in Fallujah.
- Ryan Gleason (2013-Present) – Alexa started going out with restaurant owner Ryan Gleason in 2013. He is always present at her numerous performances and has been fully accepted by her family as evident by their holiday trips together. On January 1, 2018, the duo became engaged.
Race / Ethnicity
Alexa is of German, Irish, English, and Scottish descent on her mother’s side while has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry on her father’s side.
- Big eyes
- Pouty lips
35-25-34 in or 89-63.5-86 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
8 (US) or 5.5 (UK) or 38.5 (EU)
Alexa has starred in TV commercials for –
- Prell shampoo (2010)
- Gap’s ‘Black to blue’ advertisement campaign (2013)
Best Known For
- Being the daughter of supermodel Christie Brinkley and legendary songwriter Billy Joel
- The popularity and success of her extended play, Sketches
As a Singer
Alexa released her debut track, For All My Days in January 2008.
She released her debut Extended Play, Sketches in August 2006.
First TV Show
In 2007, Alexa guest appeared on the comedy talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! as herself.
For her Sports Illustrated photoshoot in which she was featured along with her mother and sister, she adopted a very healthy lifestyle. About a month before the photoshoot, she gave up eating pasta completely and noticed that she had 10 times more energy. She also started paying special attention to all she was eating.
Alexa made sure that she was drinking a lot of coconut water. She also focused on consuming organic fruit and yogurt smoothies.
For the breakfast, she was having whole-wheat toast with two eggs and was drinking tons of water throughout the day to remain hydrated.
Alexa Ray Joel Favorite Things
- Food – Pasta
Source – New Beauty
Alexa Ray Joel Facts
- After contemplating for years, she finally got rhinoplasty (nose) surgery done in 2010. She had always been conscious of the side on pictures. She also had a deviated septum.
- Initially, she wasn’t keen on appearing on the cover of the Sports Illustrated magazine with her mother and sister.
- Part of her name is inspired by the music legend Ray Charles.
- She has been a keen supporter of environmental causes and has performed at numerous concerts organized by environmental foundations like Habitat for Humanity and Rainforest Foundation Fund.
- After her suicide attempt in December 2009, she was presumed to be suicidal. Since then, she has refuted claims of her being suicidal and has instead claimed that she suffers from depression. Reflecting on the incident, she has said, “I wasn’t trying to kill myself. I was panicked. I was not thinking clearly at all. I was in so much pain and I just wanted to numb it.”
- She once said, “I worked a long time to get good at what I’m doing, and nobody handed me a recording contract because of who my father is.”