|Alexandra Trusova Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||June 23, 2004|
Alexandra Trusova is a Russian figure skater who has won the 2019 GP Skate Canada championship, the 2019 Rostelecom Cup, and the 2019 CS Ondrej Nepela championship. She had also won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2019 Russian Figure Skating Championships; and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (2019), the 2020 Russian Figure Skating Championships, and the 2020 European Figure Skating Championships. She had started her senior career in 2019 after making waves at the junior circuit over the 2 preceding years by winning the World Junior Figure Skating Championships (2018, 2019), the Russian Junior Figure Skating Championships (2018, 2019), the ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Final (2017), the inaugural edition of ISU JGP Armenia (2018), the ISU JGP Australia (2017), ISU JGP Belarus (2017), and the ISU JGP Lithuania (2018). She had also won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2018 ISU JGP Final. At the 2019 Japan Open, she had won the Ladies’ section of the tournament helping ‘Team Europe’ clinch the ‘Gold’ medal. As of August 2020, she had held the world record for the highest score in the free skate program (166.62 points) which she had set at the 2019 GP Skate Canada championship.
Alexandra Vyacheslavovna Trusova
Ryazan, Ryazan Oblast, Russia
Alexandra, as of August 2020, was a high school student. She had also attended the Sambo-70, a sports school in Sochi, Russia.
- Father – Vyacheslav Trusov
- Siblings – Egor Trusov (Younger Brother), Ivan Trusov (Younger Brother)
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
44 kg or 97 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian descent.
- Toned physique
- Long, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Gleaming face
She has been sponsored by the sports goods manufacturing giant, Adidas.
Alexandra Trusova Facts
- She is a pet lover and has a pet chihuahua named Tina, a pet husky named Jack, and a miniature royal poodle named Lana, whom she had been presented at the 2019 Rostelecom Cup for winning the 2019 World Junior Figure Skating Championships.
- When she had won the World Junior Figure Skating Championships (2018) and the ISU Junior Grand Prix (JGP) Final (2017), she was the then youngest athlete to achieve both those feats. In the former event, her technical score of 92.35 points in the free skate program was the highest score ever recorded in women’s figure skating until the ‘Grade of Execution’ system was revamped at the end of 2017–18 season.
- She holds the record of being the first female skater in history to record more than 100 points in technical elements when she was awarded 100.20 points in the free skate program at the 2019 GP Skate Canada championship.
- She also holds the record of being the first female skater to land the quad Lutz, flip, and toe loop jumps; and only the 2nd to land the quad Salchow. As of August 2020, she was the first and only female skater competing with 4 different types of quadruple jumps in her arsenal — toe loop, Salchow, flip, and Lutz.
- At the 2018 ISU JGP Lithuania, she became the first female skater in history to successfully land a quad in combination (quad toe loop + triple toe loop).
Featured Image by Alexandra Trusova / Instagram