|Alfonso Herrera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1983|
Alfonso Herrera is an actor, singer, and producer known for portraying various important roles in popular TV series like The Exorcist, Sense8, El Dandy, El Equipo, and El Capo. He is also the former member of the Latin pop band, RBD. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 2 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than 1 million followers on Facebook. Alfonso also has a self-titled YouTube channel with more than 5k subscribers.
Alfonso Herrera Rodriguez
Mexico City, Mexico
Alfonso Herrera went to the prestigious British school called Edron Academy in Mexico City. He later got enrolled at the Centro de Educación Artística, which is operated by media giant Televisa, to polish his acting skills.
Actor, Producer, Singer
- Father – Alfoso Herrera
- Mother – Ruth Rodriguez
- Siblings – Alejandro Herrera (Older Brother), Oscan Herrera (Younger Brother)
Alfonso Herrera is represented by Talent on the Road Management.
- Capitol Records
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alfonso Herrera has dated –
- Dulce María (2002-2005) – Towards the end of 2002, the Mexican tabloids started reporting that Alfonso Herrera was going out with singer and songwriter Dulce María. They dated for almost 2 years before heading to their separate ways in 2005.
- Roberta Murgo (2006) – In 2006, he was rumored to be dating Brazilian model Roberta Murgo. However, the reports of their alleged rumor disappeared after a couple of months.
- Claudia Álvarez (2007) – In April 2007, Alfonso was reported to be dating actress and model Claudia Álvarez.
- Damayanti Quintanar (2009-2012) – Alfonso Herrera started dating Mexican actress Damayanti Quintanar in 2009. They had first met while working in the TV series, Tiempo Final, in 2009. They dated for more than 2 years before officially separating in April 2012. After the separation, it was revealed that they had been living in together for 9 months.
- Diana Vazquez – Alfonso Herrera is in a relationship with actress Diana Vazquez. She gave birth to their first child in September 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
- Dashing good looks
- Heavy jawline
In 2016, Alfonso Herrera was cast in a TV commercial for the Toyota Prius.
He was raised in a devout Catholic household but in his interview with AZ Central, he revealed that he doesn’t practice religion anymore.
Best Known For
- Being the former member of the Latin pop band, RBD, which is considered as one of the most commercially successful Latin music groups. They have sold more than 10 million records in the US and more than 60 million albums all over the world.
- Being cast in the role of Father Tomas Ortega in the anthology horror drama TV series, The Exorcist.
- Having appeared in a number of popular TV shows such as Sense8, El Dandy, El Equipo, and El Capo.
In 2004, his music band RBD released their first Spanish language album, Rebelde, which has sold more than 5 million copies and has managed to garner ‘Platinum’ as well as ‘Gold’ certifications in several countries.
His band’s first bilingual album was Rebelde (Edição Brasil), which was released in the Spanish and Portuguese languages in November 2005. It was a monumental hit in Brazil and sold over 1.5 million copies in the South American country.
In 2002, he made his theatrical film debut in an important role in the romantic drama flick, Amar te duele.
First TV Show
In 2002, Alfonso Herrera made his first TV show appearance in the romantic drama telenovela, Clase 406.
Alfonso Herrera relies on his CrossFit workout regime to keep himself in the right shape. He especially loves heavy duty lifts that employ compound movements. He has also added a number of bodyweight exercises to his workout routine to add more value and get more out of it. Last but not the least, he has made boxing style workouts and sparring sessions a part of his fitness regime.
Alfonso Herrera Favorite Things
- Food – Mexican
- Sport – Soccer
- Movies – Amar te duele (2002), Titanic (1997)
Source – IMDb
Alfonso Herrera Facts
- He got his role in his debut movie, Amar te duele, based on his performance in the school’s play version of The Crucible, in which he was cast in the role of John Proctor. His performance was seen by producer Pedro Damián and director Fernando Sariñana.
- Pedro Damián decided to make him a part of Rebelde because he was impressed by Herrera’s work and work ethic in his own produced soap opera, Clase 406.
- After the completion of his school education, he wanted to become a pilot and for that, he had intended to get enrolled in an aviation school in San Antonio, Texas. However, he changed his mind and decided to become an actor.
- In August 2008, it was revealed that his music group had decided to separate. In the aftermath, he announced that he wasn’t going to pursue a career as a solo artist.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Andressx29 / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0