|Aliya Mustafina Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 30, 1994|
Aliya Mustafina is a Russian former artistic gymnast who is widely acknowledged as one of the most successful female artistic gymnasts of all time. At the Summer Olympics, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal in 2012 and 2016 (both in the Uneven Bars event); the ‘Silver’ medal in 2012 and 2016 (both in the Team event); and the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2012 (All-Around and Floor Exercise events) and 2016 (All-Around). At the World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal in 2010 (Team, All-Around) and 2013 (Balance Beam event), the ‘Silver’ medal in 2010 (Vault, Uneven Bars, Floor Exercise) and 2018 (Team); and the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2013 (All-Around, Uneven Bars) and 2014 (Team, Balance Beam, Floor Exercise).
Aliya Farkhatovna Mustafina
Yegoryevsk, Moscow Oblast, Russia
Artistic Gymnast (Retired)
- Father – Farhat Ahatovich Mustafin (Former Wrestler, ‘Bronze’ Medalist in Greco-Roman Wrestling at the 1976 Summer Olympics for the Soviet Union)
- Mother – Yelena Anatolyevna Mustafina (née Kuznetsova) (Physics Teacher)
- Siblings – Nailya Farkhatovna Mustafina (Younger Sister) (Artistic Gymnast, Former Member of Russia’s Junior National Gymnastics Team)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Aliya has dated –
- Alexei Zaitsev (2015–2018) – Aliya had started dating Russian bobsledder Alexei Zaitsev in the fall of 2015 after meeting him at a hospital where both of them were recovering from sports injuries. They got married on November 3, 2016, in his hometown of Krasnodar. They have a daughter together named Alisa Mustafina-Zaytseva (b. June 9, 2017). The couple got divorced in April 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Volga Tatar descent on her father’s side and Russian descent on her mother’s side.
- Toned physique
- Center-parted, long straight hair
- Gleaming face
Aliya Mustafina Facts
- At the 2012 Summer Olympics, Aliya had won 4 medals (‘Gold’ in Uneven Bars, ‘Silver’ in the Team event, and ‘Bronze’ in All-Around and Floor Exercise). This had made her the most successful gymnast at the event and the most successful athlete in any sport except swimming.
- At the 2013 Universiade (an international multi-sport event, organized for university athletes by the International University Sports Federation (FISU)), she had won the ‘Gold’ medal in the Team, All-Around, and Uneven Bars events, and the ‘Silver’ medal in the Balance Beam event.
- At the 2015 European Games held in Baku, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal in the Team, All-Around, and Uneven Bars events, and the ‘Silver’ medal in the Floor Exercise event.
- At the 2016 Summer Olympics, she had become the first female gymnast since Simona Amânar in 2000 to win a medal in the All-Around at 2 successive Summer Olympics. She had also become the first gymnast since Svetlana Khorkina in 2000 to defend her title in an Olympic apparatus final.
- As of June 2021, she was tied with Svetlana Khorkina for the most number of medals won (7) by a Russian (not including Soviets) gymnast at the Summer Olympics.
- At the European Women’s Artistic Gymnastics Championships, she had clinched the ‘Gold’ medal in 2010 (Team), 2013 (All-Around, Uneven Bars), and 2016 (Team, Balance Beam); the ‘Silver’ medal in 2010 (Uneven Bars, Balance Beam), 2012 (Team), and 2014 (Uneven Bars); and the ‘Bronze’ medal in 2014 (Team, Balance Beam) and 2016 (Uneven Bars).
Featured Image by Aliya Mustafina / Instagram