|Alanna Ubach Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1975|
Alanna Ubach is an American actress, voiceover artist, director, producer, narrator, writer, singer, and theatre artist who is known for having appeared in different roles in various movies such as Maria in Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit, Noreen in The Brady Bunch Movie, Niccolina in Love Is All There Is, Cherry in Pink as the Day She Was Born, Girl Student in Labor in Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday The 13th, Serena McGuire in Legally Blonde and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde, Isabel Villalobos in Meet the Fockers, Jenny in A Haunted House, Naomi in Waiting… and Still Waiting…, and Karen in To the Bone. The most remarkable thing about Alanna Ubach’s acting has been her ability to get totally absorbed in the performance and making each of her roles a class apart, making her gain much appreciation as a theatre artist as well. However, her talents are not just restricted to acting and she has also flourished greatly as a voice actress and has been cast in a number of movies and shows such as Batman: Gotham Knight, Ozzy & Drix, Gary & Mike, Rango, Coco, Teamo Supremo, Higglytown Heroes, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Random! Cartoons, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Pound Puppies, Ben 10: Omniverse, Mad, Sheriff Callie’s Wild West, Welcome to the Wayne, Puppy Dog Pals, and Monsters at Work. Other than that, Alanna Ubach has also appeared in shows like Euphoria, Veronica Mars, Snowfall, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Hand of God, American Horror Story, Things You Shouldn’t Say Past Midnight, See Dad Run, Californication, Hung, Men of a Certain Age, My Manny, Friday Night Lights, Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place, Touched by an Angel, Seduced by Madness: The Diane Borchardt Story, Access Hollywood Live, and Unapologetic with Aisha Tyler. Additionally, she has also tried out writing, directing, and producing while working on some projects like A mi amor mi dulce and Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury. Moreover, Alanna Ubach has gained a huge social media fan base as she enjoys more than 250k followers on Instagram and more than 150k followers on Twitter.
Alanna Noel Ubach
Downey, Los Angeles County, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Alanna Ubach has taken lessons at Lycée Français located in Los Angeles, California, United States. She has also attended the USC Film School.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Director, Producer, Writer, Theatre Artist, Narrator, Singer
- Father – Rodolfo Martínez Ubach
- Mother – Sidna Consuelo (Gonzalez)
- Siblings – Athena Ubach (Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Juan Ubach (Paternal Grandfather), Milagros Martínez (Paternal Grandmother), Gustavo Gonzalez (Maternal Grandfather), Consuelo (Maternal Grandmother), Sean Kanan (Former Brother-In-Law) (Actor, Producer, Writer)
Alanna Ubach is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles County, California, United States.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Alanna Ubach has dated –
- Thom Russo – Alanna Ubach is in a relationship with record producer, engineer, mixer, and songwriter, Thom Russo and the duo has been happily married for years. Russo is known for having won at least 16 Grammy awards and has worked alongside an array of celebrated artists like Alejandro Sanz, Enrique Iglesias, Eric Clapton, Jay-Z, Johnny Cash, Macy Gray, Michael Jackson, Los Claxons, and many others. Moreover, on July 25, 2017, they were blessed with their first child, a son named Thomas Rodolfo Russo III. Alanna Ubach also often uploads pictures alongside her little one on Instagram.
Race / Ethnicity
Alanna Ubach has Puerto Rican roots on her father’s side and is of Mexican descent on her mother’s side.
- Charming smile
- High cheekbones
- A half-heart tattooed on her back
Best Known For
- Providing vocals to the character of Mamá Imelda, Miguel’s late great-great-grandmother, Héctor’s wife, Coco’s mother, and the matriarch of the family, in the 2017 3D computer-animated fantasy film, Coco, in which she starred alongside the likes of Anthony Gonzalez, Gael García Bernal, Benjamin Bratt, Renée Victor, Ana Ofelia Murguía, and Edward James Olmos
- Having been cast as Serena McGuire in the comedy films, Legally Blonde (2001) and Legally Blonde 2: Red, White & Blonde (2003). Both the films have starred actors Reese Witherspoon, Luke Wilson, Jennifer Coolidge, and several others.
- Appearing in a lead role of Isabel Villalobos in the comedy film, Meet the Fockers, alongside her co-actors Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Dustin Hoffman, Barbara Streisand, Blythe Danner, Teri Polo, and Cedric Yarbrough. For this role, Alanna Ubach had to put on fat cushions and “gray” her hair so that she could play the role of a 40-year-old Cuban maid.
- Portraying the character of Jo Hernandez-Frumpkis, the best friend of Lisa Edelstein‘s character who comes to live with her in LA, in the comedy-drama television series, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce (also known as Girlfriends’ Guide to Freedom, Girlfriends’ Guide to Bossing Up, and Girlfriends’ Guide to Ever After), as Alanna was cast as a series regular along with Lisa Edelstein, Beau Garrett, Necar Zadegan, Paul Adelstein, Janeane Garofalo, and Retta
- Having worked as a voiceover artist in a number of films and shows portraying a wide range of characters such as Dander in Batman: Gotham Knight, Boo/Cletus/Fresca/Miss Daisy in Rango, Mayor Paul Spryman in Ozzy & Drix, Brenda/Rope Girl and Hector Felipé Corrio/Skate Lad in Teamo Supremo, Plunkie in Higglytown Heroes, Lola Boa in Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Manny Rivera/El Tigre in El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera, Mrs. Abbott and Samantha in Random! Cartoons, Liz Allan, Helena, and Trina in The Spectacular Spider-Man, Strudel and Mr. Nut Nut in Pound Puppies, Lucy, Portia, and Queen Kalima in Kaijudo, Annabel, Cat, and Museum Daughter in Mad, Polly May Porcupine in Sheriff Callie’s Wild West, Ansi Molina in Welcome to the Wayne, Snowflake and Queen Kazoo in Puppy Dog Pals, and Cutter in Monsters at Work
- Having garnered an impressive fan base on social media with more than 250k followers on Instagram and more than 150k followers on Twitter
As a Singer
Alanna Ubach has performed many songs in a few movies and shows like La Llorona in Coco, Cookie’s Lullaby, A Puppy Dog Time of Year, A Pup for Every Person (reprise), A Pup for Every Person, No Puppy Dog Time This Year, and Barlow (final reprise) in Pound Puppies, and I’m on Fire and Everyone Wants to Pluck Daisy in 30 Days Until I’m Famous.
Alanna Ubach made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Gloria in the comedy-drama film, Airborne, in 1993. Directed by Rob Bowman, the film starred the likes of Shane McDermott, Seth Green, and Brittney Powell.
As a voiceover artist, she made her feature film debut by providing vocals to the character of Dander in the animated (anime-influenced) superhero film, Batman: Gotham Knight, in 2008. The lead cast of the film included actors Kevin Conroy, Gary Dourdan, David McCallum, Jim Meskimen, Ana Ortiz, Corey Burton, Rob Paulsen, and Kevin Michael Richardson.
In 2011, Alanna Ubach made her theatrical film debut as a voice actress by providing vocals to the characters of Boo/Cletus/Fresca/Miss Daisy in the computer-animated western action comedy film, Rango, whose lead cast included Johnny Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin, Ned Beatty, Alfred Molina, Bill Nighy, Stephen Root, Harry Dean Stanton, Ray Winstone, and Timothy Olyphant.
First TV Show
Alanna Ubach made her first TV show appearance by playing the role of Willie in an episode, titled It’s My Party, of the family comedy-drama sitcom, The Torkelsons, in May 1992 and the show starred the likes of Connie Ray, Olivia Burnette, Lee Norris, Anna Slotky, Aaron Michael Metchik, Rachel Duncan, William Schallert, Brittany Murphy, Jason Marsden, and Perry King.
As a voice actress, she made her TV show debut by providing vocals to the additional voices in an episode, titled Washington D.C., of the animated comedy show, Gary & Mike, in February 2001.
Alanna Ubach Favorite Things
- One Of Her Favorite Horror Movies – When a Stranger Calls (1979)
Source – IMDb
Alanna Ubach Facts
- Between 1992 and 1993, she played the role of Josie in the educational children’s television show, Beakman’s World.
- In the 1997 movie Clockwatchers, Alanna Ubach and her real sister, Athena Ubach, were cast as sisters on camera as well.
- She worked both as the writer as well as the director in the short comedy film, A mi amor mi dulce, in 2003.
- Ash M. Warren has also attended Lycée Français along with Alanna.
- In 2005, Alanna Ubach was cast in one of the lead roles of Naomi in the comedy film, Waiting…, which also starred Ryan Reynolds, Anna Faris, Justin Long, and Kaitlin Doubleday.
- Apart from English, she can also speak French and Spanish.
- Reflecting back to her initial acting phase, she has said, “I was so naive when I began acting, professionally. I had only three wishes: V.I.P. tickets to the Beastie Boys whenever I wanted, to feel tall and blond, and to star in a cop series with Adrian Zmed. God help us all!”.
- From 2009 to 2011, Alanna Ubach appeared as Michelle in a few episodes of the comedy-drama television series, Men of a Certain Age. It was created by Ray Romano and Mike Royce while Ray Romano also starred in the show alongside Scott Bakula, Andre Braugher, Lisa Gay Hamilton, Richard Gant, Brian J. White, Lil’ JJ, Kwesi Boakye, Brittany Curran, Braeden Lemasters, Isaiah Montgomery, and Melinda McGraw.
- She has also worked extensively in several theatre productions such as Patriotic B*tch. The New York Times reviewed it citing “can’t hold a candle to the very best of the genre,” however also adding “entertaining one-act series of character monologues”. Alanna Ubach, in particular, received very positive reviews and she was described as “seriously talented.”
- As a producer, she has been a part of several projects such as August Falls and Poolboy: Drowning Out the Fury.
- From 2012 to 2015, Alanna Ubach was also included in the lead cast for the sitcom television series, See Dad Run, along with Scott Baio, Ryan Newman, Jackson Brundage, Ramy Youssef, and Mark Curry.
- She is a big fan of divas like Marilyn Monroe, Lana Turner, and Ava Gardner.
- Alanna Ubach loves dogs and had a bulldog named Ready and another one named Biggy Smallz.
- Follow Alanna Ubach on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Alanna Ubach / Instagram