|Ray Romano Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 21, 1957|
Ray Romano is an American stand-up comedian, actor, voice actor, writer, and producer who is best known for his role as Ray Barone in the CBS sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond as well as for voicing the character of Manny in the Ice Age film series. He is also known for playing Joe Tranelli in the comedy-drama series Men of a Certain Age, Hank Rizzoli in the family comedy-drama series Parenthood, Zak Yankovich in the period drama series Vinyl, Rick Moreweather in the comedy-drama series Get Shorty, and Herbert Green in the sci-fi black comedy-drama series Made for Love. Moreover, Ray Romano has been cast in movies like The Irishman, Welcome to Mooseport, The Last Word, The Grand, The Big Sick, Bad Education, and Eulogy.
Raymond Albert Romano
Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ray Romano attended elementary and middle school at Our Lady Queen of Martyrs in Forest Hills. He then enrolled at Archbishop Molloy High School but eventually transferred to Hillcrest High School, from where he graduated in 1975.
For a short period, he also attended Queens College (QC) located in the Queens borough of New York City. There, he studied Accounting.
Stand-up Comedian, Actor, Voice Actor, Writer, Producer
- Father – Albert Romano (1925-2010) (Real Estate Agent, Engineer)
- Mother – Luciana “Lucie” (née Fortini) (Piano Teacher)
- Siblings – Richard (b. 1956) (Older Brother) (Sergeant with the NYPD), Robert (Younger Brother) (Second Grade Teacher in New York City)
- Others – Mario C. Romano (Paternal Grandfather), Augusta Blache (Paternal Grandmother), Fernando Fortini (Maternal Grandfather), Marie Canudo (Maternal Grandmother)
Ray Romano has been signed with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Stand-up, Television, Film
Observational Comedy, Blue Comedy, Slapstick
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $200 Million.
6 ft 1½ in or 186.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ray Romano has dated –
- Anna Scarpulla (1987-Present) – He met Anna Scarpulla while they were both working at a bank and the duo got married in 1987. They have 4 children – daughter Alexandra Romano (b. 1990), twin sons Matt Romano and Gregory Romano (b. 1993), and another son Joseph Raymond Romano (b. February 16, 1998).
Race / Ethnicity
Ray Romano is of Italian and French descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Nasal voice
- A self-deprecating sense of humor
He has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Johnson + Johnson (2000)
- St. Judes Children’s Hospital (2004)
- Laughing Gas (sold on QVC) (2005)
Ray Romano Facts
- He was raised in the Forest Hills neighborhood of Queens.
- He was named one of E!‘s “Top 20 Entertainers of 2001”.
- For his role in Everybody Loves Raymond, Ray Romano received many accolades including Primetime Emmy Award for “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series”, American Comedy Award for “Funniest Male Performer in a TV Series (Leading Role) Network, Cable or Syndication”, and People’s Choice Awards for “Favorite Male Television Performer” and “Favorite Male Television Star”.
- He revealed in February 2012 that his wife, Anna, had successfully battled stage one breast cancer in 2010. He told People magazine that “the reason we’re going public is to share our experience, yeah, but to have an effect. Our goal is to help people.”
- Alongside Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, Al Pacino, Harvey Keitel, Anna Paquin, Stephen Graham, and Bobby Cannavale, Ray Romano co-starred as Bill Bufalino in the 2019 epic crime drama film The Irishman.
- He was close friends with actor Doris Roberts who played his character’s mother in Everybody Loves Raymond. She was also his acting mentor.
- Ray suffered from high cholesterol in the past. In April 2023, he revealed that doctors had found a blockage in his main artery and he later underwent heart surgery and had a stent put in.
Featured Image by Peabody Awards / Flickr / CC BY 2.0