|Bill Nighy Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||December 12, 1949|
Bill Nighy is an English actor, voice actor, theatre artist, and producer who is known for his enormous contributions to the entertainment industry as he has been involved in film, theatre, and television. Over the years, he has played a variety of roles in a wide range of shows and movies like Johnny Worricker in Page Eight, Gideon Warner in Gideon’s Daughter, Howard Clifford in Detective Pikachu, Davy Jones in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, James Mortmain in I Capture the Castle, Slartibartfast in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, and Billy Mack in Love Actually.
William Francis Nighy
Caterham, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Bill Nighy studied at the John Fisher School, a Roman Catholic voluntary-aided boys’ faith school located in Purley, Croydon. Afterward, he got enrolled at the Guildford School of Acting and trained for stage and film.
Actor, Voice Actor, Producer, Theatre Artist
- Father – Alfred Martin Nighy (Managed a car garage after working in the family chimney sweeping business)
- Mother – Catherine Josephine Nighy (née Whittaker) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – Martin Nighy (Older Brother), Anna Nighy (Older Sister)
- Others – Joshua Nighy (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Ellen Duff (Paternal Grandmother)
Bill Nighy is represented by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Bill Nighy has dated –
- Diana Quick (1980-2008) – Between 1980 and 2008, he was in a relationship with actress Diana Quick and the duo also parents a daughter named Mary Bing Quick Nighy (b. July 17, 1984).
Race / Ethnicity
Bill Nighy is of English descent on his father’s side and has Scottish and Irish roots on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
- Pale appearance
- Wears glasses
He was raised as a Roman Catholic.
Bill Nighy Favorite Things
- One Of His Favorite Films – Performance (1970)
Source – IMDb
Bill Nighy Facts
- He was approached to play the role of Doctor in Doctor Who (2005) but he turned down the offer.
- Bill Nighy was cast as Gideon Warner in the 2005 television drama titled Gideon’s Daughter and this role won him the Golden Globe Award in the “Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie” category as well as the Satellite Award in the “Best Actor – Miniseries or Television Film” category.
- He has been a major fan of The Rolling Stones and Bob Dylan.
- As a voiceover artist, he has worked in projects like Castlevania, StarDog and TurboCat, Norm of the North, Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes, The World’s End, Animated Tales of the World, and The Canterbury Tales.
- Some of Bill Nighy’s theatre credits include having been cast as Robert in Blue/Orange, Harold in Under New Management, Bernard Nightingale in Arcadia, and Hornby in A Kind of Alaska.
- He once mentioned that caffeine and sugar are his addictions.
Featured Image by Carlos Delgado / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0