|Pooja Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 3, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Pooja Chopra is an Indian actor and model who won the title of Femina Miss India World 2009 as well as became the first Indian to win the “Beauty with a Purpose” title at the Miss World competition for India. Over the years, she has been cast in many films which include Commando: A One Man Army, Yea Toh Two Much Ho Gayaa, Heroine, Fashion, Babloo Bachelor, Aiyaary, Ponnar Shankar, The World Before Her, and Ouch. Moreover, she has also been awarded the Times Most Powerful Woman Award for her contribution to the field of acting.
Calcutta (later: Kolkata), West Bengal, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Pooja Chopra studied at Mount Carmel Convent High School and later graduated from Ness Wadia College, both in Pune.
- Mother – Neera Chopra
- Siblings – Shubra Chopra (Older Sister)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has done endorsement work for brands like Tata Docomo, Bajaj Allainz, Richfeel, Body and Soul, Roots Comb, Evolve Med Spa, and Juvederm Voluma.
Pooja Chopra Facts
- Her father abandoned her at birth because he wanted a boy. Subsequently, Pooja’s mother was forced to leave her marital home because she refused to admit Pooja to an orphanage in Kolkata.
- Her mother moved to Mumbai with her daughters and raised them on her own.
- Pooja Chopra made her first theatrical film appearance as herself in the 2008 Hindi-language drama film Fashion. The film starred the likes of Priyanka Chopra, Kangana Ranaut, Samir Soni, and Arbaaz Khan.
- She received the “Beauty With a Purpose” title at Miss World 2009 on December 12, 2009, based on her charitable work in the India “Nanhi Kali” project. She won US$10,000 for her project and she donated it to the NGO which helps small girls fight poverty.
- Pooja was cast as Muthaayi, Shankar’s love interest, in the 2011 Tamil epic historical drama film Ponnar Shankar.
- Meena Iyer from Times of India stated, “Pooja Chopra (Femina Miss India-2009) is super-confident in her film debut and a welcome addition to Bollywood’s heroines”.
- Pooja Chopra appeared as Simrit Kaur in the 2013 Hindi-language action film Commando: A One Man Army.
- Along with Akshay Kumar, she launched the Asian Heart Institute Initiative “Happy Heart India” campaign for underprivileged children in 2018.
- She donated part of her Aiyaary earnings to families of Martyred Soldiers after the Pulwama attack in 2019.
- Pooja has been featured in the Times India list of “50 Most Beautiful Women”, which features India’s most beautiful faces.
- In 2020, she played the character named Isha Khanna in the Hindi-language action crime thriller web series titled Poison 2. She co-starred alongside Aftab Shivdasani, Raai Laxmi, Zain Imam, and others.
- Pooja Chopra has given a TED Talk on the subject of “Write your own destiny: Journey of a once abandoned girl child” at Krupanidhi Institution of Engineering, Bangalore.
Featured Image by Pooja Chopra / Instagram