|Afshan Azad Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 12, 1989|
Afshan Azad is a British actress and model best known for having worked in popular Harry Potter movies. She was also roped in to lend her voice in the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix video game. She has a huge social media fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram.
Afshan Noor Azad
Longsight, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Afshan Azad went to the Whalley Range High School. She later got enrolled at the Xaverian College in Rusholme to study AS-level chemistry, biology, English and business studies.
- Father – Abdul Azad
- Siblings – Ashraf Azad (Brother)
Afshan Azad is represented by London-based talent agency Gordon and French.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Afshan Azad has dated –
- In 2010, Afshan Azad was going out with an unidentified man of Hindu background. The relationship came to public knowledge after she got estranged from her father and brother for having dated a non-muslim man.
- Nabil Kazi (2018-Present) – In August 2018, Afshan got married to Nabil Kazi in a lavish wedding, which included traditional Bengali ceremonies. Her wedding was attended by her former Harry Potter castmates including Bonnie Wright and Katie Leung. It was revealed that she had been dating Kazi for quite a long time. In April 2021, the couple revealed that they were expecting their first child together. She welcomed a baby girl which she revealed in an Instagram post on July 27, 2021.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Bangladeshi and Bengali ancestry.
Afshan Azad has used her social media activity to promote the following brands and products –
- Saint Laurent
- Henna Beautiful
Best Known For
- Being cast in the role of Padma Patil in all the Harry Potter movies except Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, in which she was cast in the role of Sharon Sandhu
- Her mild popularity on various social media platforms. She has more than 200k followers on her official Instagram account.
In 2005, she made her theatrical film debut in the fantasy drama movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
Afshan Azad Favorite Things
- Casual Outfit – Jeans, Trainers
- Going Out Outfit – Long coat, Knee-high boots, Leggings, and a Baggy jumper
- Beauty Items – Simple Moisturizer, Next Lipliner, Maybelline Concealer, and Coconut Oil
Source – YouTube
Afshan Azad Facts
- She was discovered by the Harry Potter casting agents after they visited her school.
- She decided to audition for the movie just for fun. After going through several auditions, she eventually managed to bag the role.
- At the age of 22, she was attacked by her father and brother for being in a relationship with a Hindu man. In June 2010, they had to appear in Manchester Magistrates’ Court on the charges of having threatened to kill her.
- In December 2010, her brother agreed to a guilty plea to “assault occasioning actual bodily harm”. Her father and brother weren’t found guilty of having threatened to kill Afshan. Finally, her brother was handed a 6 months prison sentence in January 2011.
Featured Image by Afshan Azad / Instagram