|Allen Leech Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 18, 1981|
|Girlfriend||Jessica Blair Herman|
Allen Leech is a well distinguished Irish actor who is known for his important portrayal of the character Tom Bronson in Downton Abbey (2010-2015). He is also noted for starring in the biopic The Imitation Game (2014) and Bohemian Rhapsody (2018). Allen is also known for his roles in the TV shows Love Is the Drug (2004) and Legend (2006). He has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 200k followers on Twitter.
Killiney, County Dublin, Ireland
Allen completed his studies from St Michael’s College, Ballsbridge. Later, he graduated from Trinity College with a Bachelor of Arts and a Master’s Degree in Drama and Theatre Studies.
- Father – David Leech (Entrepreneur)
- Mother – Kay Leech
- Siblings – Greg Leech (Older Brother), Ali Leech (Older Sister), Simon Leech (Younger Brother)
Allen is represented by –
- Untitled Entertainment, United States
- United Talent Agency
- Kat Gosling of Troika, London, England, United Kingdom
5 ft 10½ in or 179 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Allen has dated –
- Doone Forsyth (2012-2013) – Allen met makeup artist Doone Forsyth on the set of Downton Abbey in 2012. Things quickly escalated between the two and soon they were caught up in a romantic flush. However, the couple separated in 2013.
- Charlie Webster (2014-2016) – Sky Sports presenter Charlie Webster and Allen clicked at a charity event for Centre Point in May 2014 after she beat him at a game of foosball. The couple then started dating shortly after that and also made public appearances very often. However, in 2016, they decided to part ways as they just seemed to not be right for each other.
- Jessica Blair Herman (2016-Present) – Soon after Allen had separated from TV presenter Charlie Webster, he started dating actress Jessica Blair Herman in 2016. Later, in 2018, he posted a picture to his Instagram with a loving caption beginning with wishing her for valentines day followed by a public announcement stating “First one as a fiancé! Thank you for saying yes and for making me the happiest. ❤️ (And no I didn’t do it today. It’s been a while.)”.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish ancestry.
- Bright eyes
- When he smiles, the veins on his forehead form the letter “V”.
Allen has done endorsement work several brands including Jaguar.
He once studied at a Catholic college.
Best Known For
Being nominated several times for an IFTA Award for the films The Imitation Game in 2015 and Cowboys & Angels in 2004 and TV shows such as Love Is the Drug in 2005, Legend in 2007, and Downton Abbey in 2013
Allen Leech made his theatrical film debut as a policeman in The Escapist in 2002.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Jacobite in Battlefield Britain in September 2004.
During 2016, Allen was training under former Wallaby rugby player Luke Milton at the Training Mate gym in West Hollywood. He also prefers to go running whenever he can which is a great way to burn excess fat and boost stamina as well as tone and shape the lower and abdominal muscles.
Allen Leech Favorite Things
- Food – Anything that goes along with steaks
- Spot In Ireland – Connemara, County Clare
- Line From A Poem – “Doesn’t everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?” from The Summer Day by Mary Oliver
Source – IrishAmerica.com
Allen Leech Facts
- He is the 3rd child amongst the 4 siblings.
- Growing up, he wanted to play soccer for Liverpool.
- He was 11 years old when he began to develop a passion for acting. His first role was in a school play where he played the character of the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz.
- It was Academy Award-nominated actor Peter McDonald who told him that he could even take up acting as a profession. After that, he pursued acting diligently.
- In 2005, he was titled as the “Sexiest Irish Male” by U Magazine. Almost, 10 years later, in 2015, he was amongst the GQ’s “50 Best Dressed Men in Britain”.
- In 2013, prior to participating in a marathon, Allen got injured.
- He has voiced the character of Thomas Hickey in Assassin’s Creed III (2012) and Hjalmar an Craite in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (2015).
- Allen was 16 years old when he made his first stage appearance in A Streetcar Named Desire.
- In 2015, he and actor Hugh Bonneville kissed during a short interview on the red carpet after they were honored with a BAFTA Award.
- Allen is liked by every child actor who has worked with him.
- In the past, he was starstruck by American actor Jeff Daniels at the Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- The most valuable thing he has with him is his grandfather’s wristwatch.
- Follow him on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Richard Goldschmidt / Wikimedia / CC BY-3.0