|Aman Gupta Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Year of Birth||1982|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Aman Gupta is an Indian entrepreneur and TV personality who is best known as the co-founder and CMO of boAt, a brand that sells electronics and wearables such as earbuds, headphones, chargers, smartwatches, and wireless speakers. By September 2021, boAt had become the fifth-largest wearable brand globally. Aman became a household name in India in December 2021 when he was unveiled as one of the ‘sharks’ on the first season of Shark Tank India, the Indian version of the popular reality TV franchise Shark Tank where entrepreneurs make business presentations to a panel of investors or ‘sharks’ who decide whether to invest in their company.
Aman Gupta was born in the year 1982.
He splits his time between Delhi, India, and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Aman had graduated, in 1998, from the Delhi Public School R. K. Puram, a co-educational day and boarding private school educating pupils from the 6th to 12th grades, located in the South Delhi district of New Delhi. Later that year, he had joined the University of Delhi, a collegiate public central university in New Delhi. He had graduated from there in 2001 with a B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) Honors degree.
In parallel, in 1999, he had joined the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), the world’s second-largest professional accounting body and the largest professional accounting body in India. He had obtained a degree in chartered accountancy from there in 2002.
Almost a decade later, in 2010, he had enrolled in the Indian School of Business, a private business school in Hyderabad. He had graduated from there in 2011 with an MBA degree, majoring in finance and strategy. In his 2nd year there (2011), he was a general management exchange student at the Kellogg School of Management, the business school of Northwestern University, a private research university in Evanston, Illinois.
Entrepreneur, TV Personality
- Father – Neeraj Gupta
- Mother – Jyoti Kochar Gupta
- Siblings – Anmol Gupta (Brother), Neha Gupta (Sister)
In 2021, Aman Gupta’s net worth was $93 million according to South China Morning Post.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aman has dated –
- Priya Dagar (2008-Present) – Aman had married Priya Dagar in 2008 and they have 2 daughters together named Adaa and Miraya.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Short-cropped, side-parted, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Sports a thick beard
Aman Gupta Facts
- He had started his professional career in March 2003 when he had started working as a member of the retail consumer finance team at the New Delhi office of Citibank, the consumer division of the financial services multinational Citigroup.
- In September 2005, he had co-founded Advanced Telemedia Pvt. Ltd., a company through which he had launched many global brands in India including Beats Audio, Sennheiser, and Telex. He was also the CEO of the company until March 2010.
- Between July 2011 and February 2012, he had worked as a senior management consultant at the Gurgaon office of KPMG, a British-Dutch multinational professional services network.
- Between March 2012 and December 2013, he had worked as the director of sales at the New Delhi office of HARMAN International, an American audio electronics company.
- In April 2014, he had co-founded Imagine Marketing India, a Delhi-based lifestyle brand that would later become the custodian company of boAt, which was founded soon after, and of which Aman became the CMO in January 2016.
- In June 2020, he was appointed the chairman of the ‘D2C (Direct-to-Consumer) Council’ of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), a not-for-profit industry body representing the interests of the online and mobile value-added services industry in the country.
- In March 2023, Aman found as many as 10,000 fake websites which were exact copies of boAt’s website and were selling the products at one-fourth price to the customers. He filed an FIR with the police to avoid further fraud with the customers.
- In May 2023, Aman made his debut at the Cannes Film Festival. With this, he became the first entrepreneur from India to walk the Cannes red carpet.
Featured Image by Aman Gupta / Instagram