|Diana Dors Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||October 23, 1931|
Diana Dors was an English film and television actress and singer who rose to fame as a blonde bombshell and often drew comparisons with American actress Marilyn Monroe. She credited herself as “the only s*x symbol Britain has produced since Lady Godiva” while film critic David Thomson has also stated that “Dors represented that period between the end of the war and the coming of Lady Chatterley in paperback, a time when s*xuality was naughty, repressed and fit to burst.” During her career, she appeared in films and shows like Good-Time Girl, Penny and the Pownall Case, Holiday Camp, Lady Godiva Rides Again, The Saint’s Return, Theatre of Blood, The Amazing Mr. Blunden, Adventures of a Taxi Driver, The Unholy Wife, Diamond City, There’s a Girl in My Soup, Adventures of a Private Eye, Hannie Caulder, Steptoe and Son Ride Again, From Beyond the Grave, The Pied Piper, What the Swedish Butler Saw, Oedipus Rex, and Confessions from the David Galaxy Affair.
Diana Mary Fluck
Diana d’Ors, The Siren of Swindon, The Hurricane in Mink, The English Marilyn Monroe, The Blonde Bombshell
She was born on October 23, 1931.
On May 4, 1984, she passed away at the age of 52 due to ovarian cancer at the BMI Princess Margaret Hospital in Windsor, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom.
Sunningdale Catholic Cemetery
Haven Nursing Home, Kent Road, Swindon, Wiltshire, England, United Kingdom
She resided in Orchard Manor, Sunningdale, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
Diana Dors studied at a small private school, Selwood House. She then attended the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA), becoming the college’s youngest student starting in January 1946.
Actress, TV Personality, Singer
- Father – Albert Edward Sidney Fluck (Railway Clerk)
- Mother – Winifred Maud Mary (Payne)
- Siblings – She was an only child.
5 ft 5½ in or 166.5 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Diana Dors had dated –
- Troy Dante
- Gil Woxholt
- Desmond Morris (1943)
- Anthony Newley (1948)
- Michael Caborn-Waterfield (1948-1951)
- Dennis Hamilton Gittins (1951-1959) – In 1951, she met Dennis Hamilton Gittins and they got married 5 weeks after meeting at Caxton Hall on July 3, 1951. The duo remained together until his death in 1959.
- Bob Monkhouse (1953)
- Rod Steiger (1956-1957)
- Tommy Yeardye (1957-1958)
- Richard Dawson (1959-1966) – Her 2nd marriage was to English-American actor and comedian Richard Dawson in 1959 and they had 2 sons – Mark Dawson (b. February 4, 1960) and Gary Dawson (b. June 27, 1962). However, the duo divorced in 1966.
- John Ashley (1960)
- Peter O’Toole (1964)
- Alan Lake (1968-1984) – She got married to actor Alan Lake in 1968 at Caxton Hall and their son Jason Dors Lake was born on September 11, 1969. They remained married until her death and Alan Lake fell into a depression after her death, eventually committing suicide on October 10, 1984.
Race / Ethnicity
- Lisp, breathless voice
- Fuller lips
- Curvy physique
Diana Dors was cast in a TV commercial for the British Egg Marketing Board “Smash an Egg” in 1983.
Diana Dors Facts
- As her mother was having an affair with another man when she conceived Diana, she admitted she had no clear idea if he or her husband was the father.
- She was the youngest registered owner of a Rolls Royce in the country at the age of 20.
- In the TV biographical film The Blonde Bombshell (1999), Diana Dors was portrayed by Keeley Hawes (younger) and Amanda Redman (older).
- The actress never owned a mansion without a swimming pool.
- She was close friends with the notorious Kray twins and their mother Violet.
Featured Image by Anefo / Dutch National Archives / Public Domain