|Keeley Hawes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 10, 1976|
Keeley Hawes is an English actress who came to limelight after appearing in several TV shows that were literary adaptations like Our Mutual Friend (1998), Wives and Daughters (1999), and The Canterbury Tales (2003). She gained further popularity after starring as Zoe Reynolds in the BBC espionage drama series Spooks (2002-2004) and after her co-lead performance as DI Alex Drake in the fantasy crime drama and police procedural drama television series Ashes to Ashes (2008–2010) that led to her bagging the “Glamour Best UK Television Actress Award” in 2008. She has also starred in numerous movies including Death at a Funeral (2007) where she essayed the role of Jane and High-Rise (2015) where she portrayed the part of Ann Royal.
Keeley Clare Julia Hawes
Marylebone, London, England, United Kingdom
She went to the Sylvia Young Theatre School.
- Father – Her father has been a taxi driver.
- Siblings – She has 3 older siblings including 2 brothers who have been London cabbies.
She is represented by Troika.
5 ft 8.5 in or 174 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Spencer McCallum (2001-2004) – She tied the knot with DJ and cartoonist Spencer McCallum in December 2001 when their son named Myles (b. April 2000) was about 2 years old. They divorced in 2004.
- Matthew Macfadyen (2004-Present) – She married Matthew Macfadyen on October 8, 2004. They have a daughter named Maggie (b. December 2004) and a son named Ralph (b. September 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Sharp nose
- Prominent cheekbones
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Charles Worthington.
Keeley Hawes Favorite Things
- Treasures – A signed Vanilla Ice T-shirt that in the 1990s she had queued up to procure
- Fan Of – Barry Manilow, having been to his concert several times once even having made it to the front row of his show
Source – Digital Spy
Keeley Hawes Facts
- She was raised in a council flat in Marylebone.
- When she was in 6th form at school, she was also working in a casino and she was approached and signed up by a modeling agent on Oxford Street. She has admitted that in retrospect, it was a completely unexpected event in her life as she had considered herself to be an awkward looking teenager, being taller than most boys.
- After a few months of working as a model, Hawes had moved to the other side of the fashion industry by working at Cosmopolitan that was followed by a grant which had made it possible for her to enroll in the prestigious Sylvia Young Theatre School. There she had made friends with Emma Bunton and they had lived and traveled together for 6 months.
- While at Sylvia School, she had elocution lessons that led to her developing a cut-glass accent.
- She has famously voiced Lara Croft in the Tomb Raider video game series.
- In 2017, she became a UNICEF ambassador.
- Hawes has revealed that her husband Matthew Macfadyen had confessed his love for her in the pouring rain.
- She has affirmed that she has felt it incredibly liberating to not have any mascara on.
Featured Image by Keeley Hawes / Instagram