|Amber Coney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 14, 1992|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Amber Coney is an American actress and screenwriter best known for portraying the role of Caroline Diaz / Cricket in Freeform network’s horror and historical teen drama called Dead of Summer (2016) that ran for only one season.
Amber Michelle Coney
San Jose, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Amber belongs to the class of 2010 of Valley Christian High school, San Jose. She described herself as an introvert child who felt alive on stage and was an active and recognized member of the Valley Christian theatre group. She also attended a theatre program every summer.
Coney moved on to study for a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts with a major in Acting and minor in Film and TV Production at the University of Southern California. Amber graduated in 2014.
She also took acting classes from Diana Castle at The Imagined Life Studio in Los Angeles.
- Father – John Michael Coney
- Mother – Elisa Ann Coney
- Siblings – Paul Coney (Older Brother)
Amber is represented by –
- Brittney McDade, TCA Jed Root Talent Agency
- Nick Campbell, Velocity Entertainment
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She has Puerto Rican ancestry.
- Thick, lower lip
- Prominent moles next to the left side of her nose, left jawline, and neck
- Wavy hair
- She was cast as a print model for American Apparel Catalogue advertising.
- She was also cast in Bay Areal Bridal / New Things West Radio commercial in the past.
Amber Coney Favorite Things
- Writers – Sylvia Plath, Richard Yates, Pablo Neruda, Stephen King
- Memory From The Sets Of Dead of Summer (2016) – Using face-swap filter on Snapchat with her cast-mates
- Actor – Michael Fassbender
- Actress – Kate Winslet
- Advice – To focus on the process rather than the end goal, both in art and in living (by her first acting teacher, Zane)
- TV Shows – Girls (2012–2017), American Horror Story (2011–2019), Transparent (2014–2017), Broad City (2014–2019)
- Quote – ‘Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.’ – Mary Oliver
- Books – Letters to a Young Poet by Rilke, The Bell Jar, The Easter Parade, Letters to a Young Poet, The Virgin Suicides, The Glass Castle, The Picture of Dorian Grey
- Cuisine – Japanese, Thai, Indian
- Restaurant – Rahel’s Ethiopian in LA, Meet in Vancouver
- Movies – Breakfast at Tiffany’s (1961), Taxi Driver (1976), American Beauty (1999)
- Song – When We’re Fire (Cello Version) by Lo-Fang
- Holiday Destination – San Francisco, New York City
- Latin American Actresses – Eva Longoria, Sofia Vergara, Salma Hayek, Selena Gomez
Source – OuchMagazine.com, ClicheMag.com, NaludaMagazine.com, Latina.com
Amber Coney Facts
- The actress has written a lot of scripts for James Franco’s production company, Rabbit Bandini Productions. Her first credit as a screenwriter was for Lifetime network’s TV movie, a thriller called Mother, May I Sleep with Danger? (2016).
- Amber enjoys reading, writing, long walks, traveling, and visiting art museums.
- On January 1, 2020, the actress decided to take her grandmother’s maiden name and switch her professional name to “Amber Viera”.
- People often tell her that she resembles singer and actress, Selena Gomez.
Featured Image by Amber Coney / Instagram