|Amrita Raichand Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Amrita Raichand is an Indian chef, actress, and TV personality who is best known as the dynamic host of Mummy Ka Magic, a TV cooking show focused on recipes that can be made for kids at home. The program had won the ‘Best Cookery Show’ award at the 2012 edition of the Indian Telly Awards. She runs a YouTube channel called Amrita Raichand: Chef & Beyond where she shares her recipes and provides cooking masterclasses. The channel has amassed more than 25k subscribers. In 2019, she was a co-judge in the 4th season of the Punjabi-language cooking-based competitive TV show called Punjab De SuperChef. She has played supporting roles in Hindi-language films such as Detective Naani (2009), Ready (2011), Baat Ban Gayi (2013), and Kaanchi: The Unbreakable (2014). She is also well recognized for portraying the character of Anjali Suri in the comedy-drama TV series Mahi Way (2010).
Jamshedpur, East Singhbhum, Jharkhand, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Amrita had attended the Carmel School Digwadih in Pathardih, Jharkhand. She had later studied at The Lawrence School, Sanawar, the oldest private boarding school in the northern Indian hill state of Himachal Pradesh.
After her high school graduation, she joined St. Xavier’s College, a private, Catholic, autonomous higher education institution run by the Bombay Province of the Society of Jesus in Fort, Mumbai. She had graduated from there with a double major in economics and commerce.
Thereafter, she joined NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies), a private deemed university in Vile Parle West, Mumbai. There, she earned a diploma in marketing management. She had also attained a diploma in computer graphics from a private institute called Desktop.
Besides, she holds a 6-year degree in Bharatanatyam (a major form of Indian classical dance) from the Akhil Bharatiya Gandharva Mahavidhyalaya Mandal, an institution for the promotion and propagation of Indian classical music and dance, located in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Chef, Actress, TV Personality
- Siblings – She has 2 older brothers.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amrita has dated –
- Rahul Raichand (2003–Present) – Amrita got married to a businessman named Rahul Raichand in July 2003 and they have a son together named Agastya Raichand (b. 2007).
Race / Ethnicity
- Slender frame
- Shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Amrita has been featured in the TV/web commercials of numerous brands including –
- Whirlpool home appliances
- HDFC Life Insurance
- Hudson canola oil
- Mother Dairy
- Orion choco pie
- The Pillsbury Company
- Kwality Wall’s
- Dabur honey
- Byju’s (Indian e-learning platform)
- Godrej Yummiez (frozen food brand)
- Marriott Bonvoy
- Urban Company (professional services booking app)
- Surf Excel
Amrita Raichand Facts
- She used to regularly perform at cultural functions during her school, college, and university days. It was at one such college function that she had been spotted by a talent agent who had offered her a chance to be the brand ambassador of Pond’s Dream Fairness cream.
- This opened the door for her in the modeling world and over the next few years, she became one of the most well-known faces on Indian television due to a string of popular commercials that she had been featured in. During this time, she had also worked as an administrator and teacher at a kindergarten called Just for Kids in Juhu, Mumbai.
- In the late 2000s and early 2010s, she also acted in a few mainstream films and TV series. However, by the mid-2010s, she had decided that she would shift her focus completely towards her work as a chef and corresponding TV shows.
- She is a survivor of the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai. She and her husband were trapped inside The Taj Mahal Palace hotel on the evening of November 26, 2008, where she was celebrating her birthday. Although the experience was traumatic for her and her family, she made it a point that she would celebrate her birthday every year thereafter at the same venue as a symbol of resilience and facing her fears. Every year, she visits the venue on that date, prays for the souls and families of those that lost their lives, and celebrates the spirit of those who survived, and those who fought valiantly to save others that night.
Featured Image by Amrita Raichand / Instagram