|Amy Acker Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||December 5, 1976|
Amy Acker is a talented American actress known for her roles in The Gifted, Person of Interest, Happy Town, Dollhouse, Alias, Justice League Unlimited, Angel, Catch Me If You Can, The Novice, 21 and a Wake-Up, Sironia, The Cabin in the Woods, Much Ado About Nothing, and Let’s Kill Ward’s Wife. She has a huge fan following of over 500k followers on Twitter and more than 450k followers on Instagram.
Amy Louise Acker
Dallas, Texas, United States
She divides her time between –
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Brooklyn, New York, United States
Amy Acker passed out from Lake Highlands High School in Dallas in 1995. Later, she graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Acting from Southern Methodist University.
Actress, Former Model
- Father – He worked as a lawyer.
- Mother – She was a homemaker.
- Siblings – She has 2 younger sisters and a younger brother.
- Others – John Marshall Acker (Paternal Grandfather), John Alexander Acker (Paternal Great Grandfather), Anne Jeda /Jereda Whitaker (Paternal Great Grandmother), Dorothy Jean Kennedy (Paternal Grandmother), Arthur Washington Kennedy (Paternal Great Grandfather), Willie Vonnie Moffett (Paternal Great Grandmother), Bolton Dubard Bruyere, Jr. (Maternal Grandfather), Bolton Dubard Bruyere (Maternal Great Grandfather), Dorothy Douglas (Maternal Great Grandmother), Jimmie Jeff Gilliland (Maternal Grandmother), Leland Brantley Gilliland (Maternal Great Grandfather), Maurine Davis (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Amy Acker is managed by –
- Tony Lipp and Doreen Wilcox from Anonymous Content, Talent Management Company, Culver City, California, United States
- Agency for the Performing Arts, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amy Acker has dated –
- James Carpinello (2003-Present) – On April 25, 2003, Amy married actor James Carpinello at a ceremony in California. They are blessed with 2 children – son Jackson James Carpinello (born January 22, 2005) and daughter Ava Grace Carpinello (born September 1, 2006).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English, German, Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and French descent.
She often dyes her hair.
- Prominent cheeks
- Beautiful eyes
Amy Acker has either promoted or endorsed brands like –
- Branch Basics
- Mac PC
Best Known For
- Her versatile roles in films and TV series like The Gifted as Caitlin Strucker, Person of Interest (2012–2016) as Samantha “Root” Groves, Dollhouse (2009–2010) as Dr. Claire Saunders, Alias (2005–2006) as Kelly Peyton, Angel (2001–2004) as Winifred ‘Fred’ Burkle /Illyria, Catch Me If You Can (2002) as Miggy, The Cabin in the Woods (2012) as Wendy Lin, and Much Ado About Nothing (2012) as Beatrice
In 2002, she made her theatrical film debut as Kate in the horror sci-fi film, Groom Lake.
First TV Show
In 1997, she made her first TV show appearance as Priscilla in the family adventure comedy series, Wishbone.
In 2004, she made her TV show debut as a voice actress in the animated family comedy series, Johnny Bravo, as Jackie /Cashier.
Amy Acker Facts
- When she was in school, she studied jazz, ballet, and modern dance for 13 years.
- While in high school, she underwent a knee surgery which subsequently ended her dreams of pursuing ballet as a career.
- Growing up, Amy used to be a shy person.
- She has worked as a model for retailer brand J. Crew in college.
- While in school, she performed in numerous plays with the American Players Theatre in Wisconsin.
- During the making of the film Angel (1999), she shared a trailer with her co-star J. August Richards for a while.
- She wore her own glasses for her character ‘Fred’ while filming Angel (1999).
- She is a close friend of Neil Patrick Harris.
- Visit her official website @ amyacker.com.
- Follow Amy Acker on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by peliculas romanticaslatinas / Flickr / Public Domain