|Ana Ivanovic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||November 6, 1987|
Ana Ivanovic is a retired Serbian professional tennis player who became the world’s No. 1 tennis player in 2008 after she won the 2008 French Open and held the position for a total of 12 weeks. She won 15 WTA Tour singles titles and one Grand Slam singles title and was named one of the “30 Legends of Women’s Tennis: Past, Present and Future” by Time. She announced her retirement in December 2016.
Belgrade, SFR Yugoslavia
Professional Tennis Player
Right-handed (Two-handed backhand)
August 17, 2003
First Grand Slam Win
French Open in 2008
Number 1 on the ATP List (June 9, 2008)
- Father – Miroslav Ivanovic (Businessman)
- Mother – Dragana Ivanovic (Lawyer)
- Siblings – Milos Ivanovic (Younger Brother)
Ana has been signed with DH-Management AG (Sports management company).
Her manager is Dan Holzmann.
Her net worth has been $16 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
152 lbs or 69 kg
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ana Ivanovic has dated –
- Fernando Verdasco (2008-2009) – Ana started dating the well-known tennis player Fernando Verdasco back in November 2008. However, the media said that their love started during the Olympic games in Beijing. In one of the interviews, Ana said that her love story with Fernando actually started in New York during US Open. The couple was seen in different places such as Mallorca and Madrid, enjoying each other’s presence, hugging, and kissing. But despite their love, they split up in January 2009.
- Adam Scott (2009-2013) – Right after she broke up with Fernando Verdasco, Ana started dating an Australian golfer, Adam Scott in January 2009. Ana and Adam started a relationship that lasted for almost four years. After they parted ways in 2013, Ana revealed in one of the interviews given to foxsports.com that breaking up with Adam, has pretty much affected her game. “If you are happy in your private life, that will affect positively on your game, but if not, then there will be a negative outcome.”
- Ivan Paunić (2013) – In 2013, after breaking up with Adam Scott, Ana started dating a Serbian professional basketball player Ivan Paunic. Although Ana wanted the relationship to be a secret one, Ivan posted tweets on his Twitter profile giving support to her while she played a tournament in Russia. At the time, Ivan’s this move started the fire in Ana that made her ask Ivan to delete those tweets. Despite deleting those tweets from the Twitter account, one of the media channels had already saved and published them. Hence, it was already known that Ana and Ivan were in love. After all this, Ivan admitted to the press that he is in a relationship with Ana, which was a turnaround point as a few days after that, Ana broke up with him.
- Bastian Schweinsteiger (2014-Present) – Ana started dating Schweini in 2014. Although many media channels pointed out this as a potential RUMOR, both of them in fact are dating. They were seen at Bondi Beach last summer, both having fun. Also a few months ago, Ana brought Bastian to Belgrade. The couple was seen having dinner in a restaurant in the center of the Serbian capital. Their pure love speaks of the fact that Schweinsteiger personalized his football shoes with the date when his relationship with Ana started. Besides the date of the relationship, you can also find the Serbian flag and the Serbian word “duso” which means “darling.” They got engaged in June 2015. On July 12, 2016, they got married in Venice and she announced the birth of a baby boy in 2018 in Chicago. They were blessed with their 2nd son in 2019. She announced her 3rd pregnancy in February 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
Ana Ivanovic is of Serbian descent.
- Her height (6 ft ½ in)
- Pretty face
- Great smile
- Great athletic build
- Very competitive
34–26–33 in or 86–66–84 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
10.5 (US) or 8.5 (UK) or 41 (EU) or 26.2 (JAP)
Print ads for –
- Yonex along with Nicole Vaidisova and Lleyton Hewitt in 2008
- Yonex (solo; without any fellow pros) (2009)
- Adidas (2008)
TV commercials for –
- Adidas (2010)
- Jat Airlines (2010)
- Yonex (2009)
- Samsung TV (2014)
- Sony Ericsson (2006)
Best Known For
- Getting ranked as the number ONE female tennis player in the world, back in 2008
- Also, she is known as one of the winners of the French Open tournament, which she won in the same year, i.e., 2008.
Ana’s personal trainer is Dejan Petrovic.
In one of the interviews, she was asked a question about how she prepares for the upcoming tournaments and matches. To which, Ana replied –
“I’m doing different types of training and that is what helps me to get ready for big events and stay in shape. For example, there is a part of the year, where I need to go through basic weight training to add strength. On the other hand I also do Interval trainings like sprinting to improve my aerobic conditioning and my stamina for the matches.”
According to Ana, every tennis player focuses a lot on doing footwork exercises, because as she says, footwork plays one of the most important roles in each and every player’s game.
These footwork workouts include jumping rope and doing agility ladder drills.
About her diet, Ana said that it is gluten-free. In her very own words –
“It’s not always possible to stay with my diet especially when I travel to countries from Asia and South America where there aren’t much products that can be found that are gluten-free.”
Also, she said that from a young age, she is using a vitamin product, Juice Plus+ that helps her support her immune system.
Ana’s diet is also a low-fat one. She said that she avoids fried foods, and eats many vegetables and lots of fruits.
She suggests pasta, rice, beef, and fish as great sources of protein and low-fat food.
Ana Ivanovic Favorite Things
- Food – Sushi
- Drink – Water, Mango smoothies, Pineapple juice
- TV Shows – 24 (2001-2010), Lost (2004-2010), Prison Break (2005-2009), Revenge (2011-)
- Place – Melbourne, Mallorca, Paris, Rome
- Color – Blue
- Music – Pop, R&B
- Movie – Any kind of thriller
Source – AnaIvanovic.com
Ana Ivanovic Facts
- Ana started playing tennis at the age of five, after watching her idol Monica Seles (ex-female tennis player) on TV.
- As a child, she trained in an empty swimming pool in her hometown (Belgrade). Actually, the owners there, couldn’t afford to keep it heated during winters. Hence, they installed carpets courts, giving the impression of a tennis court.
- Her fastest recorded serve is 201 km/h or 125 mph.
- Ana admires Roger Federer because of his professionalism, both on and off the court.
- Ana speaks fluent Serbian, English, and Spanish.
- On her tour in 2004-2005, Ana wore a dental brace.
- On her 20th birthday, the president of her country, Boris Tadic attended her party.
- She still keeps the first racquet, which her father bought her, for her fifth birthday.
- Ana describes herself as a very sensitive, determined, and strong-willed person.
- Her best shot is the forehand one.
- She sometimes plays Sudoku in her locker room, right before the match.