Fernando Verdasco Carmona
Born Place / Residence
Verdasco left school when he was 11 to pursue a career in tennis.
Professional Tennis Player
- Father – Jose Verdasco (Restaurant owner)
- Mother – Olga Verdasco (Restaurant owner)
- Siblings – Sara Verdasco (Younger Sister), Ana Verdasco (Younger Sister)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
194 lbs or 88 kg
Fernando Verdasco dated –
- Dafne Fernandez (2004–2005) – Verdasco was linked with the Spanish actress Dafne Fernandez in 2004. The two of these met during a party, and soon started dating. Their relationship lasted for one year before they parted ways in October 2005.
- Priscila De Gustin (2006) – In April 2006, Fernando started dating another Spanish actress, Priscila De Gustin. However, their relationship didn’t last long and they broke up soon after that.
- Gisela Dulko (2007) – Fernando dated the Argentinean female tennis player Gisela Dulko in 2007.
- Ana Ivanovic (2008–2009) – Verdasco started dating Serbian tennis player, Ana Ivanovic in November 2008. But, media said that their love story started during the Olympics 2008 in Beijing. As per Ana, her relationship with Fernando started during US Open in New York. Fernando and Ana were spotted together in Madrid and Mallorca enjoying each other’s presence. But, their relationship didn’t go well, and they split up in January 2009.
- Jarah Mariano (2010–2013) – Fernando and American fashion model, Jarah Mariano started dating in September 2010. The Spaniard was seen spending time on a boat in company of the beautiful American model and two other friends. They spent 3 years together before finally splitting up in 2013.
- Ana Boyer (2013–Present) – In October 2013, Verdasco commenced dating the Spanish socialite, Ana Boyer. The couple is still together.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wavy hair
- Typical Spanish face (dark skin, strong facial features)
Throughout his career, Fernando has signed many endorsement contracts including one with Adidas, Tecnifibre, Yonex (2010), Dunlop (2011 – 2013), Babolat Aeropro (2014), CoverGirl cosmetics and Herbalife (2011).
Best Known For
Winning three Davis Cup titles in 2008, 2009 and 2011 with the national tennis team of Spain.
He is also known for staying at number 7 on the ATP list during the month of April in 2009.
Verdasco’s offensive skills and his capability to perform in a great style on each and every surface is what makes him very tough opponent for other world-class tennis players.
His best shot is forehand, also known as “Fearhand,” a nickname given by Brad Gilbert (commentator, tennis coach, and former tennis player). Being left-hander, Verdasco can launch powerful shots, with serves reaching even more than 230 km/h.
His personal fitness trainer is Vicente Calvo with whom Verdasco connected a couple of years back.
You can check how Vicente works on Fernando’s preparation on the following link –
Fernando Verdasco Favorite Things
- Tournament – Wimbledon
- Favorite thing to do in Miami – Boating & fishing, jet skiing
- TV show – 24 (2001-2010), Entourage (2004-2011)
- Soccer Players – Cristiano Ronaldo, Iker Casillas
- Song – Hold My Hand (By Michael Jackson duel ft. Akon)
Source – Facebook
Fernando Verdasco Facts
- He started playing tennis at the age of four.
- Fernando had a full-time coach at the age of eight.
- He used to practice with his father in the backyard of their house, on two courts with a hard surface.
- He is good friends with actor Miguel Ángel Muñoz.
- As a child, Verdasco was diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). Because he was playing official tennis matches, he didn’t opt for treatments, so that he doesn’t fall on a doping test.
- Fernando is a huge fan of Real Madrid.
- He loves Oasis and their album Definitely Maybe (1994).
- Verdasco has a dog named “Bono Bono.”
- During matches, Fernando often visualizes romantic pictures in his mind to relieve himself from stressful situations.
- Check out his official profile at ATP World Tour.
- Follow Fernando on his Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.