|Anatol Yusef Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 20, 1978|
Anatol Yusef is an English TV, film, and stage actor who is well distinguished for his important portrayal of Meyer Lansky in HBO’s Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014). He is also noted for being cast in several other hit TV shows such as Preacher (2016) and Southcliffe (2013). Anatol has also starred in many million dollar box office films such as Last Orders (2001) and Bastille Day (2016). Apart from his well-known silver screen appearances, he is also noted for his roles in several plays like The Mysteries (2000), Blackbird (2002), Macbeth (2005), and Hamlet (2017).
Barking, Essex, East London, United Kingdom
New York, United States
Anatol completed his acting studies from Bristol Old Vic Theatre School in 2000.
Film Actor, Stage Actor, TV Actor
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – He has 2 more siblings.
Anatol is represented by –
- Paradigm Talent Agency (United States)
- Troika (United Kingdom)
5 ft 5.5 in or 166 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anatol prefers to keep his dating life away from the spotlight.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Cypriot ancestry on his father’s side and Turkish Cypriot ancestry on his mother’s side.
He prefers to keep a shaved head.
When his head is not clean shaved, a bald patch is visible on the top of his head.
Yusef has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Meyer Lansky in Boardwalk Empire (2010-2014), DeBlanc in Preacher (2016), and Paul Gould in Southcliffe (2013)
- His outstanding performance in Last Orders, which was featured at the Royal Shakespeare Company
- His important portrayal of the character Tom Luddy in Bastille Day in 2016
Anatol made his debut theatrical film appearance as Young Ray in Last Orders in 2001.
First TV Show
He made his first TV show appearance as Sydney Blumenfield in Jeeves and Wooster in 1990.
As a voice actor, he made his TV show debut as a narrator in Paranatural in 2012.
Though there is not much known about Anatol’s workout routine, he does seem to work out as he does have a well-built lean physique.
Anatol Yusef Favorite Things
- Films – Aliens (1986) and Batman (1989)
- Types Of Films – American gangster films
Anatol Yusef Facts
- He was raised by a Turkish Cypriot family in Barking on the outskirts of London.
- Anatol’s mother was born and in London, whereas his father shifted to London from Cyprus at the age of 11.
- His parents legally parted ways when he was still quite young.
- Prior to becoming an actor, Anatol’s friends and family would often tell him that someday he was going to be a star.
- He developed a knack for acting at a very young age and would often take part in school plays.
- In school, he enjoyed playing football and was rather liberal towards his studies.
- At the age of 16, he tragically lost his acting buddy while they were playing football.
- He started his acting career during his teenage years starring in many TV shows like Grange Hill (1995) and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1993).
- He won BBC‘s Carleton Hobbs Radio Award during his teenage years.
- In the past, he became a resident member of the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- After moving to New York to star in the off-broadway Richard III, he stayed in New York itself.
- He played Meyer Lansky (American major organized crime figure) in Broadwalk Empire from 2010 to 2014.
- Anatol doesn’t seem to be active on social media.
Featured Image by Stop.Cinema / Instagram