|Isabelle Adjani Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 27, 1955|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Isabelle Adjani is a French actress, voiceover artist, theatre actress, singer, and producer who is best known for being the first amongst all the actresses or actors in history to win 5 César Awards for her critically acclaimed performances in the movies titled Possession (1981), One Deadly Summer (1983), Camille Claudel (1988), La Reine Margot (1994), and Skirt Day (2009). Throughout her career, she has amazed the audience with her brilliantly portrayed characters and has also been honored with many awards for her contributions to the entertainment industry.
Isabelle Yasmina Adjani
Isabelle Adjani studied at the University of Vincennes.
Actress, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Theatre Actress, Singer
- Father – Mohammed Cherif Adjani (Served in the French Army during World War II, Worked in a garage)
- Mother – Emma “Gusti” Augusta Schweinberger
- Siblings – Eric Adjani (Late Younger Brother) (Photographer)
- Others – Zoé Adjani (Niece) (Actress)
Isabelle Adjani is represented by Artmédia, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
5 ft 4¼ in or 163 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Isabelle Adjani has dated –
- David Rocksavage
- Bruno Nuytten (1976-1983) – She was in a relationship with cinematographer turned director, Bruno Nuytten, between 1976 and 1983 and the duo also parent a son named Barnabé Saïd-Nuytten who was born in 1979.
- Warren Beatty (1986-1987) – She had a short-termed romantic association with American actor and filmmaker, Warren Beatty.
- Daniel Day-Lewis (1989-1995) – In 1989, Isabelle Adjani started dating actor Daniel Day-Lewis but they parted ways just before their son, Gabriel-Kane Day-Lewis, was born in 1995.
- Jean-Michel Jarre (2002-2004) – She was in a relationship with composer, performer, and record producer, Jean-Michel Jarre, from 2002 to 2004 and they also got engaged during the course of their relationship.
- Stéphane Delajoux (2004-2008)
- Tonino Cacace (2008)
Race / Ethnicity
Isabelle Adjani is of Algerian Kabyle descent on her father’s side and has German roots on her mother’s side.
- Age-defying beauty
- Often sports forehead bangs
- Has often played tragic heroines
She has done endorsement work for brands such as Woolite, Lux, Renault, Lejaby, and Gap.
Isabelle Adjani Facts
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by starring as Rose in the comedy-drama film, Le petit bougnat, in 1970. Isabelle Adjani was only 14 years old at that time.
- She has recorded a few songs like Princesse au petit pois, Léon dit, Je ne peux plus dire je t’aime, etc.
- In 2009, she showed her support for French-Polish film director, producer, writer, and actor, Roman Polanski, by signing a petition to release him after he was arrested in Switzerland in relation to his 1977 charge for drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl.
- She has served as a producer for projects such as Carole Matthieu and Camille Claudel.
- As a theatre actress, Isabelle Adjani has been a part of productions like Federico Garcia Lorca’s ‘La maison de Bernarda’ and August Strinberg’s ‘Mademoiselle Julie’.
- She is well-versed in French, English, and German.
- Isabelle Adjani is close friends with American actress Sharon Stone.
Featured Image by Lepicier / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0