|Andrew Cogliano Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 14, 1987|
Andrew Cogliano is a well known Canadian ice hockey player who as of 2020, played for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. Andrew shot to fame under the moniker of “iron man” for his streak of 830 played consecutive games.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Newport Beach, California, United States
He studied at the St. Michael’s College School and later went on to join the University of Michigan.
Ice Hockey Player
- Mother – Teri Cogliano
- Siblings – Matthew Cogliano (Brother) (Teacher)
As a member of the Dallas Stars, he was being managed by Jim Nill.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew has dated –
- Allie Bertram (2010-Present) – Andrew got married to TV actress Allie Bertman on June 23, 1989. They had their first child, a girl named Lottie on February 17, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Italian ancestry on his mother and father’s side.
- Thick eyebrows
- Strong jawline
Andrew Cogliano Favorite Things
- Food To Eat During The Holidays – Pumpkin Pie, Fish, Turkey
- Christmas Tradition – Eating fish
- Christmas Song – Mariah Carey‘s All I Want For Christmas Is You
Source – NHL
Andrew Cogliano Facts
- He was brought up in Woodbridge, Ontario.
- His brother Matthew teaches at an elementary school.
- He attended an all-boys Roman Catholic day school.
- During the 2005 NHL draft, he was the 25th overall selection for the Edmonton Oilers for their 2007-2008 season.
- Andrew set an NHL record in 2008 for scoring overtime goals in 3 matches which were against the Columbus Blue Jackets, Chicago Blackhawks, and St. Louis Blues in March that year. Later, his gloves and stick were inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- In 2011, Andrew was traded to Dallas Stars in exchange for ice hockey player Devin Shore.
- He played hockey at the University of Michigan for 2 years.
- During his 2013-2014 season, Andrew completed his 500th consecutive game. He was the 20th player in the history of NHL to reach the incredible feat. At the same time, Andrew also became the 5th player to have played that many matches since the beginning of his career.
- On January 12, 2018, Andrew signed a contract with the Anaheim Ducks for an astounding $9.75 million.
- Until 2020, he was nominated for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy twice.
- His streak of consecutive games was broken at 830 after he got a 2 game suspension for a hit on fellow ice hockey player Adrian Kempe.
- He has a dog named Charlie.
- In his free time, he loves to relax and goes paddling with his wife Allie.
- In the past, Andrew started the charity Cogs for Dogs.
- His cheat meal is pizza.
- While he’s on the road, he loves to listen to music and he never leaves his home without his headphones. Also, a few of the music artists that he really likes to listen to are Vance Joy, Hosier, The Lumineers, and Arkells.
- When he’s out partying, Andrew loves to dance to music from American music artist Drake.
- He has a sweet tooth for chocolate.
Featured Image By Michael Miller / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0