|Angel Locsin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||April 23, 1985|
Angel Locsin is a Filipina television and film actress, film producer, commercial model and also a fashion designer. She rose to fame after her role as Alwina in the 2004 fantasy-themed television series Mulawin, and next as the super-heroine Darna which was a TV adaptation of the Mars Ravelo eponymous comic.
Angel has been nominated for most of her works, winning most of them, one of them being Most Influential Female TV Personality (2019). She had even won (all in 2008) the ‘Pop Female Fashionista’ award, ‘Outstanding Actress’ & ‘Outstanding Commercial Model’, to name a few among her long list of awards.
Angelica Locsin Colmenares
Santa Maria, Bulacan, Philippines
Angel Locsin attended St. James College, Quezon City for her elementary education and finished high school at the University of Santo Tomas High School, Manila.
She also attended a short-course for fashion design at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design in London, in August 2007.
TV and film actress, model, fashion designer, and film producer
- Father – Angelo Colmenares
- Mother – Emma Araneta Bayoneta
- Others – Esperanza Locsin (Paternal Great Grandmother), Jaime Bayoneta (Maternal Grandfather), Erlinda Araneta (Maternal Grandmother)
She is represented by –
- GMA Artist Center (2002–2007)
- ABS-CBN Entertainment (2007–Present)
5 ft 4 in or 163 cm
50 kg or 110 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
- Dennis Trillo (2005) – She had a short-termed romance with actor and singer, Dennis Trillo, in 2005.
- Phil Younghusband (2011-2013) – She dated the British-Filipino retired footballer from 2011 to 2013.
- Luis Manzano (2009, 2014-2016) – She has dated TV host, model, VJ, and actor Luis Manzano for some time in 2009. They got back together again in 2014 but broke up after 2 years in January 2016.
- Neil Arce (2017-Present) – The actress has been dating the producer and writer Neil Arce since the summer of 2017 and consolidated their relationship by getting engaged to each other on June 29, 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (Asian and Hispanic)
Angel has Filipino (including Hiligaynon), Chinese, and Spanish (Galician) ancestry on her father’s side.
36-24-36 in or 91.5-61-91.5 cm
Best Known For
She appeared on TV in 2005 in the program “Darna”, for which she got fame and is best known for.
In 2000, Angel Locsin acted in “Ping Lacson: Supercop” for her role as “Young Robina Gokongwei”.
Axe, Timex Watches, Head & Shoulder, Magnolia Health Tea, Avon Cosmetics, Centrum, Ricky Reyes, Posh Colognes, Greenwich, Coca-Cola, Maxi-Peel, Globe, CD Jeans, Century Tuna, Petit Monde, Animax, Johnson & Johnson, Cream-O, Hapee Toothpaste, McDonald’s Ice Coat, Robitussin Liquid Gel, Eskinol, Jag Skinny Jeans, Converse Shoes, W.L. Foods, Lotus Ballpen, Smart Buddy, Belo Medical Group, San Mig Coffee 3 in 1, Priston Netplay, Calayan, Jag Black, Angel Active, McDonald’s Summer Colors of Love, Myra-E Lotion, Cathy Valencia Skin Care, Folded & Hung Apparels, Guess Eyewear and Met Tathione.
Angel Locsin Favorite Things
- Favorite Food – Lasagna, Chocolate
- Favorite Color – Blue
- Favorite Cologne – Baby Bench
- Favorite Actress – Sharon Cuneta
- Favorite Singer – Mandy Moore
- Favorite Book – Harry Potter Series
Angel Locsin Facts
- Angel was raised by her father alone after the age of 14, there was no contact between them and her mother.
- Angel’s father Angelo Colmenares was not in favor of her working in TVs or movies. He had initially opposed but later gave in to her choice.
- Angel Locsin’s hobbies include dancing, reading, cooking, and learning new recipes.
- Her motto in life is – Just Be Yourself.
- Angel is very friendly, thoughtful and loyal to others.
- Angel has appeared on FHM magazine on the 1st position in 2005. Other appearances were in 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007 at 10th, 6th, 2nd and 3rd positions respectively.
- Locsin celebrated her 22nd birthday (2007) with GABRIELA Foundation, an NGO supporting women and children.
- On April 20, 2008, Locsin arranged a gift-giving to the unfortunate children in Payatas, Quezon City and gave them food, clothing and other basic needs. It was a way of celebrating her birthday. The gifts were supported by her sponsors.