|Ani Lorak Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1978|
Ani Lorak is a Ukrainian singer, songwriter, actress, and entrepreneur who is widely regarded as one of the most popular artists and among the most influential women in her country. She had first come into the spotlight in 2008 after finishing as a runner-up, performing the song Shady Lady, at the Eurovision Song Contest. She has recorded numerous studio albums before and after the event and several of her singles, such as Zerkala (2000), Potsiluy (2001), 100 Kisses (2005), Tell Me (2006), Return My Love (2007), Shady Lady (2008), And More… (2009), For You (2010), and Orange Dreams (2013) have peaked within the ‘Top 5’ of the Ukrainian charts. She was bestowed with the honorary title of ‘People’s Artist of Ukraine’ by the Ukrainian government in 1999, at the age of just 21. Between 2004 and 2005, she was appointed a ‘UN Good Will Ambassador’ in Ukraine in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Karolina Myroslavivna Kuiek
Kitsman, Chernivtsi Oblast, Ukraine
Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Entrepreneur
- Father – Miroslav Ivanovic Kuiek (Journalist)
- Mother – Zhanna Linkova
- Siblings – Sergei Linkov (Older Brother) (d. 1987), Igor Kuiek (Older Brother), Andrey Perepichka (Brother)
She is represented by –
- Artem Sarancha, Booking Manager, Ani Lorak Productions, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Artem Savkin, Booking Agent, Ani Lorak Productions, Kyiv, Ukraine
Pop, Soul, Pop-Rock, Synth-Pop, Eurodance, House
- Moon Records Ukraine
- Lavina Records
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ani Lorak has dated –
- Yuriy Falyosa (1996–2004)
- Murat Nalçacıoğlu (2003-2019) – Ani Lorak had first met Turkish hotel manager and travel agent Murat Nalçacıoğlu in 2003 during a vacation in Turkey and they had started dating soon after. They had co-founded the Mediterranean cuisine-based restaurant Angel Lounge in Kyiv in 2005 and had also launched a travel agency called Holiday Travel in 2009. He later became her manager and the couple tied the knot on August 21, 2009. They have a daughter together named Sophia Nalçacıoğlu (b. June 9, 2011). They parted ways in January 2019.
- Filipp Kirkorov (2008-2009)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Russian, Ukrainian, and Polish descent.
- Petite frame
- Long, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Has 2 moles near her chin
Ani Lorak Facts
- She had endured a difficult childhood as her parents had separated when she was very young and she was raised by a single mother. When she was 6 years old, she and her brothers were forced to live in a foster home.
- She was desirous of becoming a singer from a very young age and won the popular singing contest called Pervotsvit in 1992, at the age of just 14, and immediately signed her first professional contract.
- In March 1995, while participating in a contest at the Morning Star TV program in Moscow, she was forced to change her stage name. A Russian singer with the same name as hers was also participating in the contest, so she simply reversed her first name, Karolina, and devised Ani Lorak as her new stage name.
- In 2005, she was honored with the ‘St. Stanislav Order of the 4th degree and the Officer’s Cross’ for her contribution to Ukraine through her musical accomplishments.
Featured Image by Ani Lorak / Instagram